A Flood Of Memories

Y/N walked ahead of Technoblade. The two finally made it to the cliffs. Y/N walked to the ledge where they fell. They froze in place and felt the cold breeze flowing through their hair. Memories began to flood their mind.

The memory of Phil saying "Y/N don't do it!"

Techno saying "It's nice to see you smile again."

Sam saying "I feel confident that Y/N can go home now."

Ranboo saying "Y/N, Can we talk?"

Dream saying "Are you down for a deal tonight?"

Wilbur saying "Why'd you fly all the way up there?"

Sapnap saying "Was it about flying again? You know Sam's working every day to fix them."

Eret saying "It may take a little while before it works."

Y/N stood in place as their brain filled the missing parts. All these people, all these moments in time that had been forgotten now returned. It was overwhelming. Techno finally caught up and noticed Y/N by the edge. "Hey, you okay?" He walked up to them. "Y/N?" He placed his hand on their shoulder.

"I-" Tears came to their eyes. "I'm sorry." They refused to look at Technoblade. Instead, they faced the clear sky before them.

"What do you have to be sorry for?" He asked.

"I put you, Dadza, Wilbur, and Tommy- I put you all through that pain. And for what? To lose my wings anyways. I made things more difficult."

He realized how close Y/N was to the ledge. "Y/N, get away from the edge, please. I don't like you so close to it."

Tears began to drip off their face. "It's my fault you all had to worry about me. It's because of my selfish actions that Michael and Ranboo aren't safe."

Techno felt Y/N's pain. He understood that they blamed themselves for everything that had happened. "It's because of you that Michael's alive and safe. You protected him. You saved him. You kept him from getting hurt."

"Because I was born with wings you felt left behind. Sometimes I wish I was never born because I just make things more difficult for everyone."

"Y/N-"

"It's all my fault." Y/N felt everything bad fall on top of their shoulders and collapsed from their anxiety. The memories and the realization had become too much for them to handle. Techno rushed to their side and caught them before they hit the ground.

"It's because of you that I have a reason to smile. You put the weight of the world on your shoulders. You feel like it's your fault because you couldn't make the outcome better for everyone else around you." He stood up straight and began to walk back home carrying Y/N. "You'll suffer for others to smile. Let's get you home."