Crouching down, plugging in a nightlight allowing the brightness in my dark room hearing the covers shift. I stood up making sure Martina was covered up and comfortable before going to my side of the bed.

I crashed down next to Lorenzo and propped my head up on the pillow against the headboard. "Why are you scared of the dark and not me?" I asked my little brother. He was only a year younger than me but he was still considered little to me. He turned his head to look at me and his ocean blue eyes met mine. "All the monsters come out in the night, Alex." Don't I know it?

He's seen what I'm capable of and never ran or hide from me only came back to my side. It always made me curious and he spoke again, "I'm not scared of you, big brother. I know you would never harm me but ones who try to harm us." And he did try to hurt us. The man who broke in wanted to hurt my father by killing us and he should have known that my father doesn't give a rat's ass about us. Only himself. But like an idiot, he tried to kill Martina and he didn't see me in the corner, he never saw me coming.

Lorenzo walked in unaware of the crime that was just committed and saw me over the body with blood covering my hands and a crying Martina, who I soon had to soothe. He never took his eyes off mine but never ran.

"I'm a monster, Lo. And if you're not scared of me, you shouldn't be scared of them." I said and he sighs, not wanting to continue this conversation and too embarrassed to talk about his fear with me. I sighed, annoyed wanting to get to my point. "Fear is like a wave. You can either control it, being able to go with the water, or let yourself sink and let it control you." I wrapped my arm around him, and he looks up at me with wonder and ambition.

"Go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake." Lorenzo nods before shutting his eyes and soon fell asleep afterward. I looked at the time seeing it was only 9:30 which meant I had to act fast, she always came at ten on the dot.

Turned my body to the side, sitting up before getting up and standing on my two feet. Going to Martina, taking off the covers from her body and she groans turning her body to Lorenzo, seeking his warmth.

Grabbing her waist, picking her up and her legs hung as she wraps her arms around my neck and her head dropped to my shoulder. Taking her legs in one hand before walking towards the door, opening it with one hand and shutting it.

I walked to her room across the hall and opened the door letting purple cloud my eyes and I head to her dark purple-colored bed. Plucking up the covers before I lowered her onto the bed and she immediately turns her body, burying her face into the pillow. Covering her body with her purple colors, I pressed my lips on her forehead and she mumbles good night I love you making me smile before I head out making sure the door was locked, not trusting my parents. Especially my mother.

Heading back to my room, I see Lorenzo flipping in his sleep and I immediately went towards him, Hutching forward to cover my body with his body slowly coming to a stop before he grips my shirt and I let out a breath.