Chapter 6

Elena

I wanted to die.

I wanted to fall into a hole and die in it. I don't know why I'm here. Am I sleeping? Is this a nightmare? People have to stop staring at me. I was dragged here ok!

"Martina," Alessandro said in a warning tone as he removed his hands from my waist making me almost let out a whine. Almost.

I swear if I did that would have been so embarrassing.

Alessandro sits back down on his throne giving the others a look to stop looking at me. They all turned their heads away from me so quickly.

He must have known how I felt about people looking at me. How? I have no idea.

He signals with his head to my seat making me know what he meant. I walk towards my seat, sitting back down. Martina looks shocked I was even allowed to sit next to him.

I mean who wouldn't. The trashy girl with mental issues and an unstable mother and an abandoned father sitting next to the bad boy Alessandro Russo. I don't know his middle name. I'll need to ask him about that.

"I'm just asking. You never--" Martina was cut off by Alessandro throwing his pack of cigarettes onto her face. She gasped.

I'm confused. Did I laugh? Should I? No that would be bad, Elena. Bad Elena.

"Elena. Her name is Elena, she already fucking told you that." Alessandro groans, throwing his head back making his neck pulse. You could see Adam's apple from far away. Shit. He needs to stop being so fucking hot!

"I know that, genius. I'm wondering why I haven't seen her around school." Martina said, crossing her arms over her chest and looking toward me. "Martina. Drop it." Alessandro glares at her, making her sigh annoyed. "Absolutely no fun." She mutters and she looks at me. She sent me a small wave with a smile and being me, I returned it. Martina sticks her tongue out at Alessandro acting like a five-year-old.

Alessandro rolls his eyes, sending her the finger, cursing her off as the bell rings making me stand up. Alessandro rolled his eyes but stood up. "Let's go." He signals for me to follow him and I obey.

He led me back inside and he blocked my path from getting to my class. "We need to talk." He said and I knew he meant what he'd shown me. One of the best days of my life but I just smiled. "I need to get to class. Later." I said and brushed past him.

I turned my head as I walked, seeing him leaning against the wall, watching me as I left. My cheeks burned up and I turned my head back looking ahead.

▪︎

Lunch gets me anxious. Finding a seat, a seat not next to my bullies which is difficult since no one likes me. A seat where no one will sit so I can read. A seat where I can be in peace and not have a panic attack.

My tray is in my hand. My palms were sweating with nerves. I looked around trying to find an isolated seat when a female voice called my name.

"Elena!" I freeze at the sound of my name but turn around to see Martina waving me over. "Come here!" I

I anxiously walked toward her. There were only a few people at the table. A small group, an inner circle from what I can tell so why are they inviting me to sit with them? Please do not choke me to death or make fun of me. I've been choked before. Wish I could say it was during sex or a heated moment but it was my mother getting angry after I told her I got a 99 on my English exam. She says that the only thing that'll ever impress a man is my brain but then she drinks and tells me men are a disgrace to human beings. Which one, lady?