Chapter 30

Dominic

Walking into somewhere new with the only thought that the best friend who gave everything for me was here felt like a wave of sadness passed by me. Feeling like I lost the best friend I once knew. Isabelle grips my hand in hers as I help her down the steps of the plane feeling the breeze of the water hit me. I wonder if Elena has ever seen the waterfall from town. They didn't just give this town Waterfalls for nothing. There was a hidden secret in the waterfall that no one knew but kept trying to discover.

Grabbing Isabelle's waist, I picked her up placing her feet on the ground as she nervously glances around. I've never seen her so nervous before in my life and I was feeling the same hot boiling liquid in my skin as the nerves made my heart beat faster than usual.

"Do you think she'll still love us as we love her? Do...you still think she's the same?" Isabelle ponders and I squeezed her hand. The only two people who I care about in this entire world are my two girls. We've been scorched by the fires of hell and reborn from the waters of above. We've fought to survive for everything we've loved and I was betrayed and lied to many times before but the only people whom I know would never hurt were them.

Isabelle and Elena became my family the day I met them and you would do anything for family.

"Yeah, I do and we'll save her from whatever hellhole she's stuck in just like she's done for us. Whatever the Russos are planning won't be good." I sucked in a breath when his face popped into my head. I blocked it before I could feel anything for him ever again.

"I know this will be difficult but we need to make sure she's alright. I know old wounds don't heal." Isabelle said, squeezing my hand and I sighed. "I need to see him and find out what's happening no matter how much I hate it."

"I know." You always did.

Anywhere Lorenzo slept, bathe, or even fucking ate had to be perfectly clean to the spoon. I've never met a neat freak like him and he needed everything where he put it or he'll have a mental breakdown.

I dragged my finger down his wooden drawer and when I got to the end, I rubbed my fingers together finding not one speck of dust.

Hearing the shower running, I was taking in his room and became too nosey as usual. Digging through his drawers and messing up his neatly folded clothes knowing it will get him annoyed and went to his closet seeing white-collar shirts lined up in the same amount of space and it looked like it took hours to keep it this way.

I scoffed shutting the closet not before hearing the water shut off and I smirked leaning against the wall next to his bed on the other side of where the bathroom was.

Lorenzo Russo came out as steam followed with him. A towel wrapped around his waist and it hung low around his v-line and the indents of his abs made my eyes wander and my mouth watery.

Pull yourself together, Dominic!

You are just here to ask him about Elena and leave.

Lorenzo looked up like he knew someone was watching him and his eyes found mine. I was met with an endless ocean of blue crystals, it was so memorizing and haunting at the same time. I remembered those eyes watching me as I lay next to him, caring for him like I've never cared for anyone but the lies and secrets broke me more than his love gave me. I was just a dirty secret to him and I was nothing more.

But I couldn't help my heart from thundering painfully against my chest, I felt warmth flood through me until a sudden coldness swept my breath.

I was paralyzed and I hated the feeling I got when he never deserved it.