Chapter 9

Elena

I woke up to the sound of two people screaming at one another at the top of their lungs. My eyes slowly blinked open but shut closed and I grabbed both sides of my pillow and covered my ears trying to fall back asleep knowing it was too early to get ready for school.

The screaming got louder and it headed closer to my door I threw my covers over my head and I curled on my side. A big impact hit my door causing me to flinch and I didn't know what was going on. I sat up tiredly and I threw my covers off my body, I stretched my arms over my head releasing a tired sigh. I stood up and then flinched as I heard the sound of a slap and my mother's screaming.

Then a pounding began on my door and I grimaced ans I didn't move. "Open the fucking door!" My mother's scream made me curse under my breath and I walked toward the door unlocking it. The door slammed open hitting me in the face and making me stumble back.

I looked up at my mother who wore a new silk PJ set and I knew she couldn't buy that with her own money. She had none so she must have taken it from me or taken it from someone else. "Jacob tells me you tried to fuck him, you dirty little slut!" My mother shouted, grabbing my arm and I shook my head. "I-I didn't." I stuttered, feeling unable to speak clearly and she slapped me across the face. The burning sensation on my cheek made me bite my lip from screaming at her. For telling her she was an idiot for believing a word that man said to her.

"Since you can't find a man, you move on your mother's. I raised you correctly but you make excuses and cry." My mother sneers as she grabs the back of my head and she yanks it back making me let out a moan in pain.

She pushes me onto the ground and goes to my closet and I shake my head in denial as she pulls out a belt and slaps it against her palm. "Turn around."

I didn't know what happened next besides the belt hitting my back and a scream came out of my mouth.

I was on the floor paralyzed as I cried. My body was curled and I wrapped my arms around myself as I pulled my legs closer to my chest I tried to control my breathing as my back stung from the whip lashes I got for something I didn't do.

I heard my phone buzz and I slowly got up ignoring the pain. I've dealt with worse and was able to get up and still breathe. I was breathing but sometimes I just wish she'll finally kill me to end my nightmare.

I walked to my nightstand picking up my phone and I didn't know who would text me at this hour. I turn it on, going to my messages to see one from Alessandro.

Coming in fifteen minutes.

What time is it--- I checked the time to be 7:30 and I gasped. "Shit. Shit. Shit."

I rushed to the bathroom and I groaned at each step but turned on the water but when the hot water hit my back, I had to grab onto the wall letting out a groan.

♡◇

I slowly opened my bedroom door checking if my mother was still with Jacob or if she left to go to his house to do drugs like she always did. She was constantly doing them when she could and that met all the time. I didn't like it and never have but for once I didn't want to get hit for saying something. Was it selfish of me to not want to get hit for once?

The house was quiet and I stepped out of my small comfort zone but I knew I never really felt safe anywhere.

A knock on my door makes me jump up in shock and I sighed, grabbing my backpack. I headed down the stairs and went to the door with my stomach growling and I paused. I groaned and looked out the hole in my door seeing Alessandro on the phone with someone.