Chapter 22

Alessandro

The feeling of grass beneath my feet made me cringe. I didn't know where I was but the moment my eyes opened I was standing in the meadow my mother used to take me to. The memory seemed to fade from my mind as I heard a small soft voice.

"I want to know more." I turned to see my younger self sitting crisscrossed on the grass. I was twelve at the time but this memory never came to me. What was I doing here when I was twelve? Why can't I remember?

A shadow figure came to stand next to me before it ran past me and spun in circles over and over again. The flower dress filled with roses spun with the figure and that's when I noticed it was a girl. Her tiny figure filled with giggles as she spun in front of the twelve-year-old me.

When I stepped closer, I noticed her face was blurry and I couldn't decrypt who she was when she had no face. But she looked like she was nine from her figure.

She crouched down plucking a flower from the ground before heading towards the twelve-year-old me and she sat down with a huff. "I almost died because of your games!" She laughed and a smile formed on the younger innocent version of myself.

"You agreed to play them. I didn't force you."

"You never force me to do anything, whiskey."

"Why must you call me that?"

"Your eyes are a light whiskey brown. It's so cool!"

A smile filled my younger self's mouth before the girl reached forward, moving to hand him the flower she plucked from the ground. "My Mami says that giving a flower to a person makes them feel pretty." She said handing little me the flower and little me twirled it with his fingers.

"Does it make you feel pretty?"

"No, nothing ever does." I frowned. What the hell was going on? Who was this?

"Only when you look at me." She added and little me rose his head to look at her with a look I knew all too well but ignored. "Why?"

"Because it makes me feel like I'm the only girl you see or care to see."

Once I stepped toward her words, the blurriness on her face soon faded but before I could see what she looked like, my eyes opened.

A gasp filled my throat as I was rudely interrupted from my beautiful sleep. The dreams poisoned my mind and it felt strange dreaming of things that weren't the demons in the night. I looked down feeling Elena sigh as her body was curled against mine. She grabs my arm like it was the only thing keeping her up to the surface.

These dreams never came until she showed up and I didn't know the meaning behind the dreams but I was going to find out.

Sliding out of bed being careful not to wake Elena up, I see her shiver now that my body warmth is gone and pull up the covers to warm her body. She releases a soft sigh curling herself closer to my side as if her mind was trying to find me.

A smile filled my lips and walked out of my bedroom, trying my best to shut the door quietly. My feet took me to my office and took a left turn finding my way to my office. I opened the door to feel the release of wind and shut door.

My office was larger than my room and Lorenzo's combined. Lorenzo and I were the same in that way, we loved to have our own large space without anyone bothering us. The space is quite minimalistic; the floor is covered in an Oriental rug, and all the furniture is dark wood. A wall of dark, wooden bookshelves contains books, both old and new.