21.

-Friday morning: Junghwan's House-

Jungkook kept his ear out for the sound of Seokjin's car, he knew the vehicle had a very distinct sound and also how it sounded when pulling up along the road. Meanwhile, Seung was sitting in the living room glancing out of the windows every now and then since his hearing wasn't as sharp as Jungkook's.

Junghwan was still home, he hadn't left yet, but he will soon.

Junghwan was getting ready in his room and his hybrid got everything ready for him si he would be able to leave earlier. When he left, Jungkook ditched the dishes he was washing and sprinted up the stairs, fishing his phone out from the drawers and running back down.

Jungkook peered out of the window, Seung moving slightly to let Jungkook see.

'Do you see his car?'
Seung asked, Jungkook shook his head and glanced at the screen of his phone.

'Five minutes kitten :)'

The message was sent around four minutes ago. Jungkook examined the view he had of the outside, perking up when he saw Seokjin's Mazda parking at the side of the road.

Jungkook also noticed a bigger car that he couldn't pinpoint rhe type of parking opposite them.

Seokjin, clad in a black overcoat, shirt and pants stepped out from the car; Hyungwon, who was also decked out in black did the same on the other side.

Both of then had black masks covering the lower half of their face and they glanced around cautiously approaching the door and knocking.

Jungkook ran over, pulling the door open and grinned brightly as his boyfriend and brother stepped in.

Seokjin immediately picked Jungkook up as Jungkook wrapped his arms around Jungkook inhaling Seokjin's scent. It relaxed Jungkook and he melted into Seokjin's arms.

Seokjin nudged Jungkook's face away from his neck and pulled down his mask with his hand, pressing a kiss onto Jungkook's lips lovingly.

'I missed you so much'
Seokjin muttered between kisses.

'I missed you too'
Jungkook pulled away from Seokjin, resting his forehead against Seokjin's.

Seokjin's eyes flickered down to Jungkook's neck, his hand slowly tracing it
'Your collar....'

'Junghwan broke it, I'm sorry'

'No, we'll just get you a new one'
Seokjin shook his head caressing Jungkook's cheeks

Tears then welled in his eyes
'I'm sorry, I'm sorry I shouldn't have let you go alone'

As Jungkook murmured back responses, saying things like 'it wasn't your fault' to calm Seokjin down, Hyungwon and Seung introduced themselves to each other.

'Thank you for taking care of my sister, I appreciate it'
Hyungwon sent him a respectful nod.

The younger replied with a smile
'No problem sir'

'Sir? How old am I? Fifty? Call me Hyung.'
Hyungwon chuckled ruffling Seung's hair

Seokjin turned to the younger, flashing him a grateful smile
'Seung, we want to offer you something on behalf of Knj secretarial services. We'll give you a job there as a personal assistant to one of the executives and you'll stay with my brother while you collect enough money to get your own house. I asked Jihyun and he said he was more than fine with it. What do you say? Get away from Junghwan and live freely?'

Seung grinned
'That sounds amazing, thank you. But won't Junghwan just get me to come back I am adopted under his name after all'

'Don't forget we have someone really powerful on our side, he believes in hybrid freedom and just so happens to be one of the most influential people in South Korea. Namjoon said that once toy tell the police about how Junghwan treats you and what he did or does, it would be enough for them to talk about you getting readopted which you can refuse and say you don't want to and since you're over eighteen they have to respect that'

Seung accepted the offer nodding excitedly at the thought.

Suddenly, the door opened loudly as they turned to see Junghwan standing there, a gun in his hand. He looked furious.

'I knew it! I knew it!'
He shouted crazily

Seokjin protectively let Jungkook down and pulled his gun out, standing on front of Jungkook protectively.

'Kim Seokjin, what an honour'
Junghwan scowled.

'Kang Junghwan, I didn't appreciate you buying my hybrid'

'Maybe you should've looked after Jungkook better, then he wouldn't have gotten kidnapped and tasked to the auction, I'm not letting him go by the way, I spent way too much money to only have him here for five days'

'Nobody asked you to'
Jungkook said gripping his lover's shirt tightly.

While the bickered, Hyungwon shifted into a wolf and quietly stalked around, behind the man, Seung signaling for him to attack now.

Hyungwon obliged and pounced onto the man bowling him over. The hybrid pinned him down, glaring at him while keeping his paws glued to his shoulders.

Hyungwon opened his mouth, showing his sharp fangs as he prepared to sink them into Junghwan's neck.

'Wait, you can't kill him that way the police will know immediately it was a hybrid'
Jungkook shouted, stopping him

'Just put a bullet in his head, makes everything easier'
Seung said

'I agree'
Seokjin nodded, aiming the gun ar the man as he turned to Jungkook

'Flatten your ears kitten, it's gonna be loud'

Jungkook out his hands over his ears and flattened his panther ears against his head, closing his eyes as he heard muffled but still loud ring of the gun going off.

Jungkook flinched, only opening his eyes when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

'Kookie, I'm sorry'

'What for?'
Jungkook asked removing his hands from his ears.

'I let you get kidnapped, I-I didn't protect you like I promised, I'm so sorry I'm a horrible brother'
Hyungwon stuttered, a tear slipping down his cheek.

'No no Hyung, you protected me don't you see? That promise was made almost twelve years ago, it's not easy to keep one for that long, but you did, you're amazing especially as a brother. Do not apologise for something you couldn't change or do, understand?'

Hyungwon nodded gently, lifting his head and giving Jungkook a sad grin as Jungkook hugged him tightly missing his brother's calming warmth.

'I'm glad you're safe Kookie'
Hyungwon kissed Jungkook's forehead

'Same for you'
Jungkook said smiling making Hyungwon smile widely as well.

A/N- Everyone's safe people-🥺😌❤️