Chapter 33 | The second Date

(Y/n) pov:

More than excited I look into the picnic basket I repaired the day prior. Repeatedly I check if everything is inside, in hope it might ease my mind and it somehow does. For like ten minutes at least. Then my mind goes back to panicking if I packed everything or not. My worries are driving me insane, when I hear my phone ring.
It's Chan.
Seeing his name on my screen makes me really excited.
"Hello", I try to seem calm, but instead I make a fool of myself.
"Are you okay?", Chan seems worried.
"Of course! Is something up or why did you call?", Again I try to seem calm and again, I fail.
"I just wanted to tell you, I'll be there in about ten minutes."
"Alright, see you soon", knowing he will be there soon makes me way too happy and all giggly.
As soon as we hang up, I ran into my room, wanting to make sure I look pretty or rather if I feel good with the choices I made today. I watch my silhouette in the mirror, observing how I did my hair and makeup. Honestly, I feel pretty good today, until I notice that the scars on my upper legs are shining through my skin colored stocking. Immediately I rush to my closet to change into a different one, that isn't as see through.

I feel stressed about my scars, when the door bell rings. The second it does I grab my jacket, make sure I look fine, have my shoes on and also grab the basket, before leaving my room. While walking to the door, I see my parents as they eat lunch with Zack. Even though I want to say something, I just ignore them and keep walking to the door, I feel a bit to open. But when I do, I see a happy, smiling Chan stare into my eyes.
"Heeeey", I greet him a bit awkward, closing the door, after taking my keys, behind me.
Immediately he notices the basket in my hands and takes it from me.
"So, where are we heading?", He smiles like he always does.
"It's a surprise", like him, I try to be a bit of a tease, but I'm not to well at it. Making him laugh with my try.
"You're really adorable, (y/n)", he says giggling, as we start to walk to a pretty park, that's close to my house.
When we arrive there, we look for a relaxing spot to set up, that is a bit further from all the people. And we're lucky. Rather quickly we find a spot that seems nice. Together we walk over, lay down the light blue picnic blanket and let down the basket.
Chan seems impressed as I begin to put all the food onto the blanket.
"Did you do all of this for me?", He seems suprised, but happy.
"Yeah. I backed everything and prepared the rest. Even the fruits are from my home. Zack and I used to garden a lot when we were younger, so I yeah.. that where the strawberries and apples are from."
Somehow manages to make me feel so comfortable around him. I don't understand how he does it.
"That is so sweet of you", he smiles, grabbing a plate and putting a few things on it. I do the same while also putting a strawberry into my mouth.

The two of us eat, chat a bit and just enjoy this relaxed moment. It's really nice to send time with him like this. I've always wanted to do that and now I'm finally able to. It's really exciting.

"So, how is Zack?", Chan asks, while I sip on my water.
"Oh, Zack's going great. He's been spending a lot of time with our parents", I explain somewhat sad. And Chan can tell how I feel because of all of this.
The boy nods understanding: "You know if you need to talk, I'm here for you, right?"
I nod, giving him a big smile, which he, obviously, returns.
"You have a really nice smile, did anyone ever tell you that?"
"Some did, but hearing it from you is the most special thing ever."
We eat a little more, before I notice how late it had already gotten.
"We should head back."
Chan seems a bit disappointed but agrees. Together we pack everything, putting it back into the basket and begin to walk back. Somehow I can't help but to look at him. He's just so mesmerizing. Of course he notices my staring.
"What's up? Is something in my face?", His face turns a light rose color, as we look at each other.
"I just noticed how stunning you are, again. I knew that before, but I just noticed again."
We both smile at each other as we arrive at my house.
"Well, see you tomorrow then?", Chan waves, but while he does I go in for a hug. Wrapping my arms around him and hidding my face in his chest. Hesitant he also puts his arms around me.
After a few moment we break the hug. I hate a few steps back, still facing him.
"Yeah, see you tomorrow", careful I open the gate to my garden, still looking at the boy I love.
"Wear something that you can easily move in tomorrow!", I say, before closing the gate. He smiles, nods and waves me goodbye.
I can't wait for the next few days..

'Why didn't you just tell me instead of letting me waste my love on you??'