Chapter 30 | He's awake!

(Y/n) pov:

Finally home again. Happily I get out of the car and look at Chans big house. I don't know why, but I feel so happy to be back, so at home. Maybe it's because it's chans home or maybe it's because the hospital called me and told me that my parents took care of everything. Maybe it's all a mixture of everything? Who knows, because I sure as hell don't and that's absolutely fine with me.
While Chan, his parents and I enter the house, Chan, being the gentleman he is, helps me with my bag. Together we arrive at our rooms.
"Do you want to do something later on?", The boy asks, handing me my luggage.
"I wanted to visit Zack. I know he's not awake yet, but I still want to see him."
Chan nods: "Sure, we can go. Let's get some rest and then we can go, alright?"
"Sure."

After a couple of hours of just sitting in my room and enjoying some peace, my phone rings. Immediately I answer. It's my mother. I can hear a few sobs on the other side. Instantly my tears start to build up as well.
"(Y/n)?"
"Yeah?"
"He's awake."
My heart skips a beat.
"I'm on my way!"
Immediately I hang up, run out of my room and almost knock a hole in chans door. When I opens it panicked and I see him, I just start balling my eyes out.
"What's going on, (Y/n)?", He seems scared and puts his arms around me.
"He's awake.. can we please go to the hospital?"
The second he realized what I said, he nods, goes back in his room to grab a back, before coming back out, taking my hand and walking down the hall with me.
As soon as his parents know, they drive us to the hospital. The whole time Chan is holding my hand, trying to comfort me the whole way.
When we arrive, me parents are already waiting for me. At first they want to hug me, but I not so politely deny them and instead enter the building, while speedwalking to Zacks room. As soon as I seem him, my tears get stronger.
"He's sitting up and chatting with a nurse.. and he's smiling.."
Releave washes over my, as a different nurse stops me from entering the room.
"He has memory lose", she says without making sure who I am, but that doesn't matter right now.
"What did he forget?", Again I feel panic, that doesn't even leave when Chan puts a hand on my shoulder.
The nurse tries to reassure me as well: "Only want happened since he's sick. He hasn't forgotten anything important."
With that she walks off and my parents approach me. I give them a small nod and we all enter Zacks room together. When he notices us, his eyes light up.
"Mom! Dad! (Y/n)!"
Right.. he met Chan when he was sick.. so he doesn't remember him. Thinking that, I look up at Chan, who has a tense look on his face. Gently I take his hand and squeeze it, making him look down at me.
"It's okay", I smile and he gives me one of his lovely smiles as well.
"(Y/n), who is that?", Zack asks innocently, staring at Chan, "Is he your friend?"
His question makes me chuckle a bit: "You could say that.."
Seeing him smile while talking to our parents like that, makes me sad, but also happy. I'm glad he has forgotten what our parents did. That way he can avoid the trauma of being left behind by the people who are supposed to love and support you.
"When can I go home?", My little brother asks whining a bit, making me chuckle again.
"Soon hopefully", our father says, hugging his wife, when his phone rings. Stressed he looks at it: "We need to leave. An emergency at work."
"We will be back later", our mother adds.
Both give Zack a hug, before leaving the room.
Seeing them really stresses me out.. maybe I should get therapy for that..

"(Y/n), when will you come back to visit me?", Zack, again, whines, giving me his best puppy dog eyes.
"Everyday?", I smile at him, making him cheer in joy.

A few days later, Zack was released from the hospital and I moved back in our parents house at the same time. Zack had a bit of a struggle with walking, but with our parents and my help he was able to live mostly normal again.
Since this is over and Zack is healed, I nie have time to sort out my feelings and take care of what I promised Chan a few weeks ago..