Chapter 12 | Forgive and promise

(Y/n) pov:

The whole day I've been pretty down. The whole Chan situation is bothering me so much. And not only that, but Rosa's mad at me for going to a party and not telling her. She's been wanting to go to a party with me for ages. I knew that, so she's extra upset with me. To be honest, I didn't think about her in that moment. I was way too busy thinking about myself... Gosh, I'm such a sucky friend..

While Rosa is standing with her friends, Felix decided to stay and be my company while we eat lunch.
We are simply having a conversation, when I noticed Chan, who was looking at me as well. Unconsciously I start to take smaller bits from my food, and chewing way slower, than I was before.
"Are you okay?", Felix asks worried before following my gaze, "Do you want to tell me what happened now?"
Unsure I swallow my food, while nodding.
"Do you remember when I confessed to Chan?"
Felix is really interested in what I'm saying. That is part of the reason I like him so much.
"When you were like 13 or 14?"
"Yeah."
"I remember. You told me about it."
"Well, Chan did not know that that was me.. he thought that my 13 year old self and I are different people.."
"Oooh, and you are feeling hurt, aren't you?"
I nod and continue to speak: "Not only that. I told him to leave me alone and blocked him.."
We both look at each other, when he suddenly pats my head.
"You're such a softie", the freckled laughs, "Why don't you try to talk it out?"
I take a second to think: "We aren't a thing. So why fix it. If I fix it, I will only get hurt further.. I don't want to be hurt even more than I already am.."
After saying that I cannot help but look down in embarrassment, until a too familiar voice, that I missed hearing, speaks.
"You know I would never hurt you intentionally, right?", He says softly.
Without a word Felix leaves us. Probably to make up, though I don't even dare to look at him.
"I'm sorry I hurt you the way I did", he pauses for a second, "Can I hug you?"
Slowly I nod my head, agreeing to his request. Chan careful wraps his arms around me from behind, making sure I'm comfortable with everything he's doing.
Again, I'm able to feel his warmth. I missed that. I missed him, even though it's not even been two days.
"Do you forgive me?"
I can tell he's feeling insecure. Just like I was feeling on Saturday. Still knowing I will have to work through a lot again, I can't stay mad forever.
I am about to answer when a female voice interrupts us.
"Chan? What a pleasant surprise to see you here", I raise my head. Of course it's her...
"I did not expecting to meet anyone I already know", she says, completely ignoring me, "Why don't you show me around a bit?"
Again she has that grossly sweet smile on her face. I just know she's faking it to make a better impression.
"Don't you see he's busy?", I answer, forcing her to acknowledge my existence.
"Oh, (y/n) I didn't see you there", she 'jokes', giving me the ick, "Why is he holding you like that? You two aren't an item, are you?"
As her fake smile is replaced by an ugly smirk, I become more angry again.
"And since you aren't together it should be no problem if I borrow him for a bit", she continues speaking. Many eyes were starting at us, expecting a fight and they are damn right!
I force myself out of Chans arms and stand out, before walking to Jade. She looks suprised, but keeps her mouth shut.
"I know you're into Chan", I start speaking loudly, making the blond bitch blush.
"What are you talking about?", She tries to defend herself unsuccessfully. While I simply continue my speech: "And I that you are willing to cross every line, but so am I! As soon as my brother feels better, I will take Chan out on a date and officially ask him to be my partner! It doesn't matter if I get hurt again, because he is worth it!"
Everyone is still staring at us, as Jade starts to cry and just runs off without responding.
"Maybe I was a bit to harsh", I mumble, turning back to face Chan, who is giving me one of his dorky grins.
"What?"
"You must really love me~", he almost sings, walking over to my and taking my hand. Feeling his warmth again after what I just did makes me realize how much I embarrassed myself just now. As my cheeks turn a deep pinkish colour.
"Let's just go to class, before we're late.."