Chapter 21 | Coma

3rd person pov:

After another two hours a doctor finally walks up to the lovebirds, still sitting on the floor, leaning onto each other. (Y/n) is still sobbing a bit, as the man speaks: "Are you Zacks big sister (y/n)?"
Immediately the two stand up.
"Please tell me he is okay?", The sobs turn back into tears.
"The surgery had some complications", the doctor speaks, making the girl cry stronger, "He survived, but we had to put him in a coma. His body would have failed otherwise."
The man is calm, looking at Chan, since he isn't a mess, like his love.
"When we he wake up?"
"We can't say for sure. He will have to wake up on his own somehow. We will call, if something happens."
With that he tired looking man leaves the two to themselves again. (Y/n) is still crying loudly, as Chan puts his arm around her in order to comfort her.
Eventually she calms down and they are able to leave. Together they wait for his parents to pick them up.
"I'm still sorry.."
"I know."
"Do you forgive me?"
Both are again leaning against each other, looking for a little bit of comfort.
"I wouldn't have let you hug me, if I was still mad at you", the girl speaks softly, almost in a whispers, as the boy puts his arm around her, holding her tight. Both are just sitting their, enjoying each other company while feeling sad. Something about just being sad together and not talking about it feels comforting to (y/n).
"Hey.."
Surprised by the girl speaking, he looks down at her: "Hey."
"Chan?"
"Yeah?"
"Jade was at the 'hang out'.."
"Did she bother you again?"
(Y/n) nods, snuggling a bit closer to Chan.
"She has been telling lies, about me stealing you from her.. at least I hope they are lies.."
"They are.. the only girl I love is you, (y/n)"
After this words, (y/n) sits up, looks at him and holds out her pinky.
"Pinky promise?"
For a second Chan's confused, but that soon turns into a chuckle as he also holds up his finger and wraps it around hers.
"Yeah, pinky promise!"
Both smile at each other. (Y/n) weaker, but she still smiles.

A short while after Chans parents arrive Infront of the hospital to pick the couple up. Both feel emotional after what happened the last night and Chans parents could tell something was up. They only asks about Zack though, knowing (y/n) is going through a lot right now.

When they arrive home, (y/n) is again a mess. Seeing her little brothers room empty breaks her heart even more. She tries to call her parents, but of course they don't pick up. Why would they anyways? They don't care about Zack nor her, she thought to herself, beginning to cry once again.
"She need you", Chans mother looks at him concerned.
"I know that", her son says, looking down. He is worried about hurting her the way he did priviously. But not looking after her would just hurt her as well and he knows that just like his parents know.

The whole day (y/n) just cried. She felt like she lost her little brother, even though she hadn't. Something about knowing he might lose the fight at any moment breaks the girl. Makes her weak and sad. She feels lonely, powerless, like a failiare, but most importantly, she feels scared. That's when someone put their arms around the girl. Chan embraces her, sharing his warmth and faith with the crying girl.

"Chan.."
"Yeah, (y/n)?"
"Thank you.."