Languages

REMEMBER TO FOLLOW AND VOTE THE STORY IF YOU LIKE IT, ALSO IF ANY ARTIST WANTS TO MAKE A FAN ART, WRITE TO ME PLZ, I WANNA SEE IT!! REMEMBER TO JOIN MY DISCORD SERVER AND SUPPORT ME ON PATREON IF YA WANT TO! =^_^=

Discord: Check my bio for the link.

Link Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Gatta_Gamer00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oneiros and the little human girl kept meeting several times after that day, mostly once a week, during what humans called "the weekend". She would often bring food with her, other times books or toys to show off to him, bragging about how she could already read complicated books like these ones while her classmates were still at easy ones that just told stories. 

Although, Oneiros was pretty convinced that she was just reading them to learn big words so to sound smart. It was quite a peculiar duo they made, while Oneiros was considerably older than her in age, both mentally and physically, he still enjoyed her company, his days became a little more busy when she was around, especially since he had to make sure she didn't fall off a cliff or in a river. 

Soon enough, his siblings started warming up to her as well and agreed to keep their weekly meetings a secret from their mother. Still, Oneiros made a mental note to talk and question her when he felt ready. 

They managed to overcome the problem of language by using yes/no questions, for example, she would ask "Do you want more?" and he could either shake or nod his head in response. It worked well so far, although the kid seemed to forget it quite often seeing how she was keen on asking stuff he couldn't answer, like "Where is your magic kingdom" or "Why is your fur so pretty?"

Oneiros smiled, he didn't have many memories of his childhood, when he was a cub, but he was convinced he was just as annoyingly bothersome to his mother as she was to him right now.

'I don't understand why mother is so worried about them though, humans aren't that bad after all... well, at least their cubs aren't' he thought as he listened to the girl continuous and endless ramble about her day. He couldn't understand most of the words she used, like 'school' or 'playground', but he could tell the two apart very easily. 

When she talked about that school thing, while yes she was very excited about it, she would also complain on how boring it was to just sit around for hours and listen to their teacher. While on the other hand, when she talked about that 'playground' her face depicted nothing but pure and unfiltered joy.

He wanted to tell her many things too, talk about his daily life, about his siblings, his family, his interests, what he liked and what he didn't. Heck, he was even willing to talk about his powers in some good days. But he couldn't figure out a way to speak to her directly, and even if he could, she wouldn't understand him, his language was far more complex then what a human mind could comprehend. 

On the other hand, because of the centuries he had been around, it was quite easy for him to learn theirs, but since he couldn't speak it, it was as good as useless. Over the course of his life, Oneiros learned countless languages. He understood the words of nature, the different depictions of it quiet, yet loud flow, as all living things were born, grew and alas died before his very eyes. He found it quite fascinating how Flora, that's how he decided to call her, could be at the same time kind and harsh on her children own children.