Regret

REMEMBER TO FOLLOW AND VOTE THE STORY IF YOU LIKE IT, ALSO IF ANY ARTIST WANTS TO MAKE A FAN ART, WRITE TO ME PLZ, I WANNA SEE IT!! REMEMBER TO JOIN MY DISCORD SERVER AND SUPPORT ME ON PATREON IF YA WANT TO! =^_^=

Discord: Check my bio for the link.

Link Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Gatta_Gamer00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'What do I do now?! This is such a mess! Mother is gone and Father will be here in less then a week! Ugh why didn't I keep track of time!?' Oneiros was stressing out, pacing restlessly in front of his lair after the argument of the night before.

'Should I run away? But where to? It was always mother who pointed me towards a new location to live in, I can't leave without her! I'm the one who sent her away... but how the fuck do I get her back now?!' he stopped in his tracks 'The cubs... if I don't leave, I would be putting them in danger... but if I do leave... they might search for me and get lost... and if by some miracle they do end up finding me..." he shook his head, not wanting the thought to even cross his mind.

'I-i need to call mother back... but how... maybe howling again will work?' he looked up at the dark sky, only the stars being visible in the night as he let out a loud howl, using all the air in his lungs. But unfortunately for him, nothing happened. He tried several more times, but the result was always the same, nothing.

Oneiros and his siblings then spent the rest of the night and following day deciding on what to do, brainstorming their ideas. In the end, they decided to go say goodbye to the cubs and run away, returning only after their father had once again left. If by then mother hadn't returned, then they'll go seek the aid of the humans, they were very knowledgeable so Oneiros hoped to find a solution with their help. But that was only the last resort, as they all knew very well that most humans aren't as friendly as those two cubs. 

It sounded like a solid plan, but it had one critical flaw. Neither him or his siblings knew where the cub's lair was. They did know it was in somewhere the city, but did not know where exactly. There were so many of those human lairs around, that they apparently liked to call 'Houses', that Oneiros couldn't really tell them apart, to him they all looked kinda the same.

One of his siblings reminded him about that spell he had learned a few years ago and suggested to use it.

'You mean the one that allows me to change my form? But it's very uncomfortable... not to mention I never walked on just my hind legs for such long distances' his siblings just rolled their eyes at his incessant whining and told him to man up a little. Oneiros let out a grumble in response but decided to transform in the end. It was a very old spell that Mother Nature taught him when he was still struggling to make friends, thinking that if he looked like them, then maybe they would get along easier.

It didn't work of course, mostly because, even when transformed, he maintained his signature blue fur, which scared off the other animals.

'Alright fine, just this once, I'll go warn them and then we'll leave, ok?' they all nodded as he sighed.

He sat down and closed his eyes, focusing hard as the light on his head flickered several times over, turning white and engulfing his whole body, changing it's shape into the one of a human, luckily for him, he also remembered to add clothes as well, since he saw that all humans wear them at all times. The problem of walking remained though, as when he tried to stand up on his hind legs, he immediately fell to the ground and got back on all fours, groaning.