Lazy

As the front door closed, I was lifted into Oscar's arms, making me giggle. "I want cuddles." He said, carrying me to the bedroom. "Don't you want something to eat first?" I asked, making him shake his head. "Unless you are hungry." He said, to which I shook my head. "Then cuddles it is!" He exclaimed, earning a giggle from me. "You're such a dork." I joked as he set me on the bed. "I'm your dork though." He winked. I scoffed, smacking him upside the head. "I am!" He protested, laying on top of me. "Yes, you are." I chuckled, playing with his hair. He hummed, rubbing my sides. "You know I love you, right?" He whispered, making me think. 

I didn't respond immediately, which made him slightly worry. "Sorry, I shouldn't have said that." He said, pulling away. "I love you, too." I said, pulling him down below me. "Just...Just don't make me regret it." I whispered, burying my head in his chest. He nodded, hugging me closer. "I promise." He said, making me smile. I kissed his shoulder as I got more comfortable on top of him. I smiled as I thought about all the things that would happen between us. Maybe one day, I'll have a pretty ring on my finger, and maybe we could have our own house. I shook my head, not wanting to get ahead of myself. "What are you thinking about, love?" He asked, looking down at me. "Nothing, just...nothing at all." I said, hugging him tighter. "Is it maybe...our future?" He read my mind. I sighed, playing with the back of his hair. "Yeah." I mumbled, and we went into a comfortable silence, both of us thinking about it.

~~~

Waking up in the middle of the night, I was breathing heavily. I looked to see Oscar still asleep. I quickly got out of bed, making sure to not move too much to wake him. I went out of the room, going to the kitchen. I grabbed a glass of water, filling it in the sink. I stared out the window, thinking about the dream. I was too spaced out to feel hands around my waist, making me scream, dropping the glass cup into the sink. It shattered completely, and I stared at it. "Hey, hey. It's okay." Oscar said, turning me around. "Baby, why are you crying?" He asked, wiping my tears. I brought my hand to my cheek, indeed feeling tears. "Sorry. You just scared me." I said, turning away from him. "Just go back to bed. I'll clean this up." I said, but I heard him sigh. "Look at me." He said, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. "y/n, look at me." He said softly, resting a hand on my arm. I turned around and just broke, not being able to hide it.

He didn't say anything, just pulled me into his arms and let me cry. He carried me up to the bed, and laid us down with me on his chest. "What's going on?" He asked softly after my cries died down. "I...I just keep having dreams about him. It's like a constant memory of what happened that day." I said shakily, holding his shirt in my hands tighter. "Have you seen anyone for this?" He asked, and I shook my head. "I have and I won't again. Everyone just says the same things and tells me what to do, but none of it works." I explained, wiping my tears with my sleeves. He pulled me closer, kissing my head. "I will help you, okay? We will get through this together." He whispered, holding my waist tighter. I was on his lap sideways, so he pulled us down and under the covers. "Try to focus on a happy memory with him. Think only happy, and let yourself fall into the memories." He whispered, holding me to his chest, and stroking my hair.

I did as he told me to, and I was getting lost in the good memories we had together. I smiled softly, but then the bad thoughts started coming in. Our fights we had every now and then, him and our parents fighting over me, every bad thing was coming to my head. I jolted up, shaking my head. "I...I can't do it." I mumbled, clutching the sheets. "Hey, you were doing great. If it goes bad, just try and refocus. Or think about the good moments after each bad time." He said, stroking my cheek. I nodded, laying back down with him. As if on cue, all the memories came back, and it was peaceful, until the bad ones came. I tried what Oscar said, and soon enough I saw the happy moments after each bad time. I was so far in dreamland that eventually, my body caught up with my mind, and I was falling asleep in Oscar's arms.