Great Job

As we arrived at the track, me and Arthur parted ways as he had went to greet some people. I headed to the garage though, dressed in a simple grey turtleneck and black sweat pants. 

I walked into the garage, straight to my driver's room

I walked into the garage, straight to my driver's room. I didn't need to see everyone's stares and everything. As I was setting everything in my room, a knock stopped me from moving. "Come in." I said, continuing putting things in place. "Hey..." Paul said, making me look down. "I'm sorry if I ruined dinner. I didn't mea-" I rambled, but he stopped me by turning me and bringing me into a hug. "y/n, you didn't ruin anything. Rene was pissed after what the waitress said, and he ended the dinner, and almost had her fired." He explained, making me nod. "Now, get ready for this practice because you are going to kill it." He smiled, ruffling my hair. I nodded, sending him a smile as well. "Thanks, Paul." I said, pushing him out. "You go out for first practice in like 5 minutes." He giggled, making me gasp. "Why didn't you tell me?" I yelled, rushing to get dressed.

As I sprinted out, I saw Paul laughing. "I'm going to kill you." I said, taking deep breaths. "You should get a watch." He joked, making me glare at him. "You're free to go out whenever you would like. I'll talk you through the whole thing if you would like." He said, helping me get ready. "I think I'll be good. I just need to stay calm." I said, clipping my HANS device to the helmet. "Remember, you got this. Show them what you got." Paul reassured me, giving my hand a squeeze. "Thank you." I mumbled, getting in the car. Paul started buckling me in, talking to me about things. "Now don't go too hard on your first couple of laps. We need to get some temperatures into the tires. I'm sure you know all this, but a reminder never hurts." He said, finishing the seatbelt. "Right, go get them, tiger." He said, patting my helmet softly. The car started, and I saw Paul run to the radio station. "Radio check?" I heard his voice. "Yep, radio check." I said, getting the signal to go.

I threw it into first gear and went out on pitlane. I took deep breaths, and went onto the track. I moved around slightly. "Right. You can get the green to push at line." I heard him say. "Okay." I said, taking another breath as I went around the last corner. As I passed the line, I pushed it, and went faster. I was doing okay, but as I rounded corner 7, I went a little too wide, and spun. I held the brakes, trying to stop myself. I came to a stop, groaning with frustration. "You okay?" Paul asked. "Fine." I replied, pulling on the track again. "Right. Box box. We will practice a pitstop, then you will head out again." He said. "Pit confirm." I said, turning off the radio. I focused back on the track, heading into pitlane. I sat there, waiting for my green light. As it came on, I went out again, only have 2 minutes left of practice. "2 minutes left. Get this lap in, then box." Paul said. "Okay." I said, doing the lap. As I finished my in-lap, I came in. I took my gloves off as they pushed me in the garage. I took the steering wheel off, hopping out, and placing it back on. 

I couldn't even get off the stool as I was lifted up into a hug. "You're P5!" Paul screamed, making me gasp. "No, I'm not." I said, not believing it. "You are!" He yelled, making me yell. I hugged his neck, helmet still on. "Oh my gosh!" I squealed. "Good job. Now let's get ready for qualifying." He said, patting my shoulder. I nodded as I went to get ready. Oscar came up to me, patting my back. "P5. Great Job." He said, smiling softly. "Thanks. Congrats, too." I said, giving him a hug. I smiled as he walked off, and I got ready. After qualifying, we ended up P11 from some engine problems. But it was still good as I was 1 position from points. The team all congratulated me, and I skipped interviews for the day because I didn't need to deal with their comments and all. I fell into my bed, satisfied with the results. "I hope you're watching." I smiled, as my eyes were closed. I was extremely tired, so I took a nap which turned into me sleeping through the night.