Nerves

It had been a couple days that flew by. I still wasn't used to being in a team with almost all boys, but I managed. Paul had been helping me out a lot, especially now since it was the first race. We were on the plane with the other drivers, flying out to Bahrain where the first grand prix would be held. I was looking out the window when the pilot said that we would land in 30 minutes over the intercom. My stomach turned at the thought of it being so close. Tomorrow would be the official start of the season. I kept looking out the window, trying to distract myself. My leg was bouncing up and down till a hand stopped it. "y/n." Arthur called, making me sigh. "I'm sorry. I just want to do good and show them I got talent, an-" I rambled, but he shut me up with his hand. "You will do fine. If you stress too much over it, you're going to make a mistake. Just remember the days when we would go karting. You have championships, and many, many wins. Everything will be fine. Me and Charles are here for you." He said reassuringly.

I sighed, turning to him. I gave him a soft smile, pulling him into a tight hug. "Thank you." I mumbled into his chest. He smiled, giving my head a kiss and rubbing my back. I yawned in his chest, not really getting any sleep from nerves, and from staying at the factory till late nights. "Did you get any sleep?" He asked, holding my shoulders as he sat me up. "Like a couple of hours." I said, smiling nervously. I covered my ears as I knew he was about to scold me. "Uncover your ears, young lady." He said, pulling my hands away. Ever since Jules passed, him, Charles and Lorenzo have all acted like big-brothers to me, and I was extremely grateful to grow up with them. "You're lucky I love you." Arthur sighed, letting my head rest on his shoulder. "Love you too, Arthur." I whispered, my eyes slowly closing. Within a matter of minutes, I was falling asleep, fulling resting on Arthur who just rubbed my back, and hair.

As I woke up, I realized I was being carried. I slowly opened my eyes, seeing Arthur. I gasped, jumping out of his arms, which wasn't a good idea as I missed my step and fell. "Ow." I mumbled, holding my wrist. "y/n! Are you okay?" Arthur asked, making me nod, smiling softly. "Fine. Where are my bags?" I asked, getting up. He pointed to Olli, and Oscar. I saw my bags, so I went over and walked with them. "Thank you." I said, reaching for my bags. "You're welcome. You okay though?" Oscar asked, handing me my bags. I nodded, walking back over to Arthur. "Will Charles be here? I haven't seen him in a year." I asked as we checked into the hotel. "Him and Lorenzo. Mom will be here Sunday for Charles race." He explained, walking with me to the elevator. I stared at it before doing a 180 and going towards the stairwell. "y/n!" Arthur yelled as the doors closed. I was walking peacefully up the stairs when I was nudged softly. 

I looked over, seeing the other driver I kept seeing in the factory. "Hey, you're the new F2 driver. It was y/n, right?" He asked, offering a soft smile. "Yes. You are?" I trailed off, waiting for his name. "Dennis Hauger. Formula 3 driver for Prema." He informed, tipping his hat. "Well, it was nice meeting you." I said, walking out of the stairwell and going down the hall with him. "Well, this is my door. I'll see you at the track tomorrow." He smiled, waving by. I nodded, going down the hall more to my room. I found it and unlocked it, seeing a single bed, and a nice little couch. I went inside, shutting and locking the door. I set my stuff on the couch, taking out some pajamas and my hygiene stuff. I grabbed some clothes for tomorrow and put them on the counter. I went to take a quick shower, before getting dressed in sweats and a long sleeve crop top. A knock on my door interrupted me from getting into bed. I groaned as I was so close. I went over to the door, not looking to see who it was.

I opened the door, seeing Arthur in a white button up, and some black jeans. "Hurry and get dressed. We are going out for dinner." He said, walking into the room. I shut the door, groaning slightly. "I need some sleep. It's my first race tomorrow and I need to sleep these nerves off." I said, walking to the bed. Right as I was about to fall on it, Arthur grabbed my waist, keeping me up. He pulled me up, putting a dress in my hands. "You will be fine. Now get dressed." He said, handing me the black dress I packed for no reason. I groaned, but did as told. I put on my black high-top vans. "Perfect." He said, grabbing my hand. He dragged me out of the hotel, helping me get into his car.