Chapter Seventeen

*February 5th*

*Ella's POV*

Okay so today was the day... the funeral. My fathers going to be there, i know it. I can't think about that now. I headed into my closet and found a nice black dress. I slipped it over my bra and underwear, when i was done getting out of the shower. I curled my hair and put it up in a bun. I put minimal makeup on and headed downstairs. Liam was the only one down there.

(Ella's dress on the side>>>>

"Hey Li." I said.

"Hey El... You ready for today?" He asked me. I just shook my head.

"Im not sure.." I really wasn't. "I have to tell everyone something when they all get down, before we go, is that okay?" I asked.

"Sure thing Ella." Liam replied and went upstairs to go tell every one to get their asses downstairs.

Eventually everyone was sitting in front of me, waiting for me to start what i had to say. I opened my mouth and started...

"Well.. I think you should know this guys... Im sorry i haven't told you before, but it is bothering me that you don't all know. When I was about seven my mother went off the join the army as you all know. The thing i haven't told you about is that when she left honestly everything changed. My father would beat me, not caring how young I was. He would get so drunk some nights and I couldn't do anything about it. One time when I was 8 he hit me so hard that, I blacked out. I didn't know what he would do to me every night. But most of the time when he was done with me he would lock me in pitch black rooms and keep me there. I remember being terrified out if my mind. In elementary school I had friends but none of them knew about what happens at my home except for Beth, she has helped me so much. At your concert... My dad found out that I was going to it and he planned on taking me back home that was why I had to hide in the closet. I haven't been comfortable with people, but when I met you boys, you all really made me open up a lot. I feel safe when I'm with you all. I think you needed to know this before we go the funeral because there is a possibility that my father could be there." Niall knew how it was for me to talk about my past. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me.

"Oh my god Ella... I had no clue." Louis said coming over to me and hugging me as well.

"Ella, we are here for you, if your father is there, he can go through us!" Zayn said.

Liam was in shock.

"Hey, Li you okay?" I asked him. He didn't answer. "Can I talk with Liam alone guys?" Everyone nodded and left to go into the kitchen. I moved from my seat and sat beside Liam.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked. It's my secret?

"Liam it was my choice. I have never told that to anyone either than Beth and Niall. You know how hard it was for me to tell you all. It was pretty damn hard. That has scarred me for my whole life. I don't just going around to everyone saying 'hey! My father beats me!?'" I say to him.

Liam thought about it for a while and let out a huge sigh.

"I'm sorry. I was just mad because I cant think of you getting hurt, you don't deserve that. I was shocked at first, i thought i could have helped you if you told me sooner." He said putting his head in his hands.

I removed his hands making him look at me. "Liam, you are amazing. There is nothing you could have done. It's the past, i just needed to let you all know. Don't feel guilty because you couldn't have helped me, no one can. This is between my father and I. No one else, so please, for me, don't feel guilty in any way." I said hugging him.

"I am sorry for being like this. I should have put myself in your situation Ella." Liam said hugging me back.

"Liam stop apologizing. We aren't in grade three." I laugh making him laugh.