Chapter Sixteen

When I woke up, I went to the bathroom to see what kind if state I was in. My eyes were huge, red, and puffy from all the crying. I walked out of the bathroom and got the letter from my purse, and read it over again.

Dear the McLander Family and to whom this may concern, 

We are sorry to say but on January 20th, there was a bomb dropping on the area that Angela McLander was stationed at. When it was safe enough for our troops to search the area for survivors, we came to a conclusion that, There were no survivors. We are sorry for your loss. There are other family members going through the same as you, so feel free to contact them or a therapist if needed. Again, we are very sorry from what has happened. We plan on bringing the bodies back and having a funeral on February 5th at Chelsea Funeral Home, London England, at 3 PM.

Sincerely, 

Lieutenant Avery Keywitts

I figured that I couldnt hide in my room forever, the others needed to know. I was a total mess and i didnt know if i was ready to tell anyone but I'm sure that they wanted to know why i was bawling my eyes out yesterday. The thought of not having my mother ever come back to me, brung tears back to my eyes, i wiped them away but they just kept coming. I honestly didn't care anymore about how much of a slob i looked like. I had to tell the others, they were my family now.  

I opened the door and my eyes widened at the sight of the hallway, there they were, all slouched over each other sleeping. I couldn't believe they stayed up all night waiting for me. 

Tears came back to my eyes, i wiped them away once again and and coughed trying to wake them up. Suddenly Niall's eyes slowly started to open.

"Ella! Oh my god, are you okay?!" Niall exclaimed waking the rest of them up. They all took one look at me and they knew that i wanted and needed space.

"Ella, do you want to talk alone..." Beth cautiously asked. I shook my head, not knowing if i could even talk at this point. I pointed to the stairs, and they all understood that i wanted them to go to the living room. I walked back into the room and grabbed the letters. When i came down from the stairs they were all sitting on the couch squirmed in together. I opened my mouth but no words came out, i just stood there trying so hard to speak but i couldn't...  

I finally gave up on trying and I handed the first letter from my mother to Beth. On this letter it says that she sent it a week before the bomb. Beth slowly opened the note and read it in her head.

*Beth's POV*

I have never seen Ella in such bad shape, since she was first abused by her father. The year her mother left. Ella handed me the first letter still holding the one in her hand. I opened he letter and read it in my head, I don't think Ella would want whatever that was in this letter to be said out loud.

I read:  

Dear, Harley and my precious Ella 

I miss you two so much! I cant wait to come home and see you two! It is so hard for me to be here without you two. When I get home we can be the perfect family we are! I am now stationed in a city, but sadly I am not allowed to tell you where since, it is a secret. It is pretty calm here but some nights it can be pretty loud, when I get home i am going to sleep like a baby! 

Harley, my wonderful husband. Words cannot describe how much I miss being in your arms, some nights I take out our wedding picture and look at how happy we were. I feel so guilty that I am not around, i am thinking about leaving the army, soon i think. Then i can come home. I love you. 

Now, my baby Ella, (even though you hated when i called you that, you will always be my baby and little girl) 

I cant believe you are already 19! Happy Birthday Love! I wish i could be there and help you blow out your candles but when I come home, we will have a party! Don't ever let anyone tell you, that you are anything less than perfect. You are beautiful and kind. I could have NEVER asked for a better daughter. I hope Beth is doing okay! I miss her loads too! As soon as I get home i hope we can go back to doing the things we used to do like cuddling and telling you my stories by the fire. I miss you so much sweetie. I love you... to the moon and back.