Chapter Twelve

We ran into the only ride Niall could think of. The haunted house. I loved scary movies but haunted houses freak me out! I gripped Niall's hand tighter and pulled him closer to me. I guess he could tell that I was scared so he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me even closer, I closed my eyes as Niall pulled me through the house, basically running, since we could hear some of the fans coming in. Scary music was playing throughout the building making me jump at points where I least expected it.

"Look, we can hide around here." Niall pulled me around a corner. I buried my face into Niall's chest not wanting to know that I was in complete darkness. We could hear the voices coming closer calling Niall's name and asking who the girl he was with and then they came to where we were.

"I think I saw him go that way!" One of the fans called out. Making the rest of them follow. Going the opposite direction were were (A/N ... See what i did there... Direction... lol nevermind ;) )

"What are we going to do? They will probably wait outside for us once they find out we never exited the haunted house." I ask looking up at Niall trying to see his face, I could only make out some of his features though.

"Don't worry, I'll just call Paul." Niall took out his iPhone and dialed a number. He waited a few rings until someone who I'm guessing is Paul picked up.

"Yeah Paul, Ella and I are stuck in the haunted house at the fair I told you I was taking her too..." After a minute or so Niall hung up the phone and slipped it back into his pocket, his free arm never leaving my waist.

"He'll be here in about 10 minutes."

I nodded then Niall sat down and I sat beside him, but then I quickly changed my position and sat in between Niall's legs.

"Why are you so afraid if the dark?" Niall asked. I tensed up, should I tell him?

"Well, its a really long story...." hoping Niall wouldn't want to hear it.

"We have time. But you don't have to tell me it isn't a big deal babe."

"Well.. I think you should know. When I was about seven my mother went off the join the army. She was a go-getter and didn't want to be told that she couldn't be in the army because she was a girl. So when she left honestly everything changed. My father would beat me, not caring how young I was. He would get so drunk some nights and I couldn't do anything about it. One time when I was 8 he hit me so hard that, I blacked out. I didn't know what he would do to me every night. But most of the time when he was dine with me he would lock me in pitch black rooms and keep me there. I remember being terrified out if my mind. In elementary school I had friends but none of them knew about what happens at my home. My life got a lot better when Beth moved to my school in grade eight, I was assigned to show her around the school, sit beside her, and just answer any questions she had. We both became the best-est of friends and one day I told her what was really going on. Of course she wanted to tell someone, but I wouldn't let her. Well the day I met you I was running away to Beth's house. At your concert... My dad found out that I was going to it and he planned on taking me back home. I live with Beth now. My dad doesn't know where Beth lives, thank god. I haven't been comfortable with people, but when I met you and the boys, you boys really made me open up a lot. I feel safe when I'm with you, and I am not used to that feeling. Thank you for that." I haven't told anyone that story either than Beth and I hadn't realized that tears were forming in my eyes and one rolled down my cheek. I turned my body around so i was facing him then he wiped away the tear. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me.

"You are an amazing girl. Ella McLander"

He looked down at me, while I was still in his arms and he lowered his head and kissed my lips, i kissed him back and we just stayed like this for a while.