The Twins Joke Shop

George swept off through the curtain to help with the customers, and Fred led Y/N and Harry back into the main part of the shop to find Hermione and Ginny still poring over the Patented Daydream Charms.

"Haven't you girls found our special WonderWitch products yet?" asked Fred. "Follow me, ladies. ..."

Near the window was an array of violently pink products around which a cluster of excited girls was giggling enthusiastically. Hermione and Ginny both hung back, looking wary.

When Y/N got closer the girls started whispering excitedly. When Hermione saw who had arrived, she left the bottle of love potion that she had just taken.

Ginny looked at her with a smile, however she paid no attention to her; she was busy glaring at the girls who were looking at Y/N like a piece of meat.

"There you go," said Fred proudly. "Best range of love potions you'll find anywhere."

Ginny raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Do they work?"She asked.

"Certainly they work, for up to twenty-four hours at a time depending on the weight of the boy in question-"

"- and the attractiveness of the girl," said George, reappearing suddenly at their side.

Y/N laughed. He would always be amazed at their ability to coordinate.

"But we're not selling them to our sister," George added, becoming suddenly stern, "not when she's already got about five boys on the go from what we've -"

"Whatever you've heard from Ron is a big fat lie," said Ginny calmly, leaning forward to take a small pink pot off the shelf. "What's this?"

"Guaranteed ten-second pimple vanisher," said Fred. "Excellent on everything from boils to blackheads, but don't change the subject. Are you or are you not currently going out with a boy called Dean Thomas?"

"Yes, I am," said Ginny. "And last time I looked, he was definitely one boy, not five."

"Yes, don't listen to Ronald, we already know how he is." Y/N said supporting Ginny.

The twins turned to him."Oh yes, you may be right. But since you want to talk so much, why don't you describe your ideal girl?"

Y/N glared at them. He knew what the twins were doing. They knew that he liked Hermione; However, Harry, Ginny, the girls who were waiting for his answer right now with wild eyes and of course Hermione. They didn't know anything.

Y/N cleared his throat his hands began to sweat because of the attention he was receiving."Er...Well s-she had brown hair, brown eyes and white skin."

"Oh come on there are a lot of girls like that...Give us more hints, will you?" Fred said with a wink. Y/N glared at him.

"No. It is enough, It's too much information."

The girls started whispering among themselves. Ginny and Hermione looked at each other. There were a lot of girls with that description, if only he had said something else...

Ginny broke the silence that had been created. "What are those?"

She was pointing at a number of round balls of fluff in shades of pink and purple, all rolling around the bottom of a cage and emitting high-pitched squeaks.

"Pygmy Puffs," said George. "Miniature puffskeins, we can't breed them fast enough. So what about Michael Corner?"

"I dumped him, he was a bad loser," said Ginny, putting a finger through the bars of the cage and watching the Pygmy Puffs crowd around it. "They're really cute!"

"They're fairly cuddly, yes," conceded Fred. "But you're moving through boyfriends a bit fast, aren't you?"

Ginny turned to look at him, her hands on her hips. There was such a Mrs. Weasley-ish glare on her face that Y/N was surprised Fred didn't recoil.

"It's none of your business. And I'll thank you," she added angrily to Ron, who had just appeared at George's elbow, laden with merchandise, "not to tell tales about me to these two!"

"That's three Galleons, nine Sickles, and a Knut," said Fred, examining the many boxes in Ron's arms. "Cough up."

"I'm your brother!"

"And that's our stuff you're nicking. Three Galleons, nine Sickles. I'll knock off the Knut."

"But I haven't got three Galleons, nine Sickles!" "You'd better put it back then, and mind you put it on the right shelves."

Ron dropped several boxes, swore, and made a rude hand gesture at Fred that was unfortunately spotted by Mrs. Weasley, who had chosen that moment to appear.

"If I see you do that again I'll jinx your fingers together," she said sharply.

"Mum, can I have a Pygmy Puff?" said Ginny at once.

"A what?" said Mrs. Weasley warily.

"Look, they're so sweet. ..."

Mrs. Weasley moved aside to look at the Pygmy Puffs, and Y/N had an unimpeded view of some stuffed animals with Umbridge's face. This time, however, he stopped dead in his tracks as someone called out his name.

"Hi, Y/N."

Y/N whipped around, his eyes widening in shock as he caught sight of Lavender Brown, who was smiling flirtatiously in his direction. She eyed him up and down.

Shifting uncomfortably on his feet, Y/N waved, utterly confused as he muttered, "Hi."

Lavender batted her eyes at him, "Have a good summer?"

"Well, Err-"

Now Harry, Ron and Hermione were behind Y/N. Some with funny looks and others with not so many.

Hermione was looking at Y/N's back with unfocused eyes. Her mind recalling the words Y/N said earlier.'A girl with brown hair, brown eyes and white skin.' Exactly Lavender's description.

His heart began to beat faster. He didn't like the idea that Y/N would like Lavender and to top it off Lavender followed him around like a lapdog.

Y/N was trying to be polite to Lavender. To everything he said he nodded without paying much attention.

"By the way Y/N, I heard you're good at potions... maybe you could give me private lessons this year... In some empty classroom or even in your room-"

Hermione cleared her throat, she didn't like what she had just heard."Y/N. I need you to help me with something, can you come for a moment?"

Lavender glared at her, she had just cut off her excuse to spend time alone with Y/N.

The boys were confused by Hermione's sudden outburst, but didn't question it.

Y/N smiled at her. He didn't want to teach classes, much less spend time alone with Lavender. "Of course let's go."

Hermione grabbed his arm and they walked through the twins' joke shop. She really had no idea where she was taking him, but she kept going.