A different Malfoy.

Third person point of view.

"What happened?" said Hermione anxiously, stopping so abruptly that Harry walked into her. "Ron, where are you? Oh this is stupid - lumos!"

She illuminated her wand and directed its narrow beam across the path. Ron was lying sprawled on the ground.

"Tripped over a tree root," he said angrily, getting to his feet again.

"Well, with feet that size, hard not to," said a drawling voice from behind them.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione turned sharply. Draco Malfoy was standing alone nearby, leaning against a tree, looking utterly relaxed. His arms folded, he seemed to have been watching the scene at the campsite through a gap in the trees. Except that behind him was Y/N, his brother, who on the contrary was nervous and sweaty, looking several times behind him.

Ron told Draco to do something that they knew he would never have dared say in front of Mrs. Weasley.

"Language, Weasley," said Draco, his pale eyes glittering. "Hadn't you better be hurrying along, now? You wouldn't like her spotted, would you?"

He nodded at Hermione, and at the same moment, a blast like a bomb sounded from the campsite, and a flash of green light momentarily lit the trees around them.

"What's that supposed to mean?" said Hermione defiantly.

"Granger, they're after Muggles," said Malfoy. "D'you want to be showing off your knickers in midair? Because if you do, hang around... they're moving this way, and it would give us all a laugh."

Y/N gave him a dirty look."Shut your mouth Draco."

Harry, Ron and Hermione looked at Y/N in surprise, they didn't expect a Malfoy to defend a 'mudblood'.

Draco glared at Y/N angrily. "Are you defending her?! You'll see when father finds out about this."

"he's not going to find out. Because no one is going to tell her, right?"Y/N said pointing his wand at his brother, capturing the shocked looks of the trio and the frightened one of his brother.

After a few moments Harry spoke."Hermione's a witch,"

Draco, who had already collected himself, laughed mischievously."Have it your own way, Potter," Harry looked at him. "If you think they can't spot a Mudblood, stay where you are."

"Didn't I tell you to shut your mouth?!!" shouted Y/N, his anger manifesting itself again.

"Never mind, Y/N," said Hermione quickly, seizing Y/N's arm to restrain him as he took a step toward his brother.

"You dare to touch my brother?! Filthy Mudblood!"Draco snapped in disgust.

But before Y/N stepped forward again, there came a bang from the other side of the trees that was louder than anything they had heard. Several people nearby screamed. Draco chuckled softly.

"Scare easily, don't they?" he said lazily. "I suppose your daddy told you all to hide? What's he up to - trying to rescue the Muggles?"

"Where're your parents?" said Harry, his temper rising. "Out there wearing masks, are they?" Draco turned his face to Harry, still smiling.

"Well... if they were, I wouldn't be likely to tell you, would I, Potter?"

"Oh come on," said Hermione, with a disgusted look at Draco, Still holding onto Y/N's arm; no one noticed, "let's go and find the others."

"Keep that big bushy head down, Granger," sneered Malfoy.

"Come on," Hermione repeated, and let go of Y/N's arm. She pulled Harry and Ron up the path again.

Y/N stood still, he could still feel Hermione's grip as he watched her go. Why did it feel so good? Because he felt the need to defend her?

Draco started to walk away. "Let's go Y/N. I hope this is the last time you stand up for the Mudblood...what's on your mind?"

Y/N snapped out of his daze and followed him."Don't tell me what to do Draco. Or we'll be in trouble."

Draco laughed, looking at the green and red lights passing through the trees."You are not in a position to give orders... I can tell father what you did. What do you think he will think?"

For a moment, fear and panic entered Y/N, but he didn't show it. They stayed in a place in the forest, waiting for their parents.

In that Harry was right...His father wore the mask simply no one apart from his family and Death Eaters knew about it.

For the part of Harry, Ron and Hermione.

Harry took his small figure of Krum out of his pocket, set it down on the ground, and watched it walk around. Like the real Krum, the model was slightly duck footed and round-shouldered, much less impressive on his splayed feet than on his broomstick. Harry was listening for noise from the campsite. Everything seemed much quieter; perhaps the riot was over.

"I hope the others are okay," said Hermione after a while.

"They'll be fine," said Ron.

"Imagine if your dad catches Lucius Malfoy," said Harry, sitting down next to Ron and watching the small figure of Krum slouching over the fallen leaves. "He's always said he'd like to get something on him."

"That'd wipe the smirk off old Draco's face, all right," said Ron."But there is something that bothers me...Why did Y/N defend Hermione?"

Harry contemplated his response for a moment and said slowly"Y/N has never been like Draco...never bothered us as much as he did."Harry looked at Hermione.

"But he never defended us, least of all you, Hermione."There was a pause."I-I think he likes you..."

Hermione and Ron looked at him in surprise. Except that a blush appeared on Hermione's cheeks.

"That's not possible. He's a Malfoy."Said Ron with red ears. Apparently he didn't like that idea.

Hermione looked at him."Well, today he defended me...It seems he didn't mind being a Malfoy to defend me."

"Don't tell me you like the idea that he likes you."Ron said fiercely.

"I-I didn't say that!" Hermione said blushing and Harry looked at her funny. Is it possible that his friend likes Y/N?

"Those poor Muggles, though," Hermione changed the subject before Ron could reply. "What if they can't get them down?"

"They will," said Ron looking at her suspiciously. "They'll find a way."

I don't know if I should do more parts of this hahah.

What do you think?