Chapter 13: How To Succeed In Evil Without Really Trying

Start from the beginning

"Such senseless destruction... Wonderful!"

"Our organization could the mind that created this! Send him a crimson letter!"

(Time Skip)

Tails is planting seeds.

"I can't believe Sticks is making replant the entire orchard! Now I'm going to miss the pie festival..."

The three hooded characters approach Tails.

One of them hands him a letter.

"This is for you!"

Tails tries to open it but is unsuccessful.

"Uh, maybe it will be easier if we just told you." One of them suggests.

"Your ingenuity just earned you an invitation to the five monthly, potluck dinner and raffle of the super secret exclusive club known as..." One of the members plays a tune.

"The Lightning Bolt Society!"

"Wow! The Lightning Bolt Society?! Really?! I never heard of it!" Tails says sarcastically.

"That's because it's super secret. Duh! Come! We'll take you to our clubhouse!"

"As much as I love to go off with you strangers, my friends left me with an orchard to plant."

Dave loads some seeds into a device that quickly plants the seeds everywhere.

"Cool gizmo! How much was it?" Tails asks, fascinated.

"Let's just say, it was a "steal."

"Well, my work here is done! And since I miss the festival, I think I will take you up on that potluck!" Tails says.

"We'll divide the membership at once."

(Time Skip)

Me, Sonic, Knuckles Amy and Sticks are walking together, Sticks holding a pie.

"Tails! We're back. Sticks won; and we've got some pie for you."

We look around the field hoping Tails will come, but to no avail.

"He's gone." Sonic says.

"And all the seeds are planted. There's no way he could have done it so fast, unless he used-" Sticks is cut off.

"-One of his inventions." Amy finishes.

"I was gonna say alien magic, but that was a good guess."

We look around the field as we hear a sound. We step back as the seeds grow into mutated piranha plants. The plants roar at us wildly.

"What's going on here?!" I yell in confusion.

Sticks - who is treading on a purple envelope - steps back and picks the envelope up. She sniffs it.

"What's this? Some kind of pulped wood?"

Amy snatches the envelope. "It's an envelope, Sticks."

Amy opens the envelope and reads the letter inside. I peek over her shoulder.

"Tails is invited to join the Lightning Bolt Society?"

"Wait, aren't those the crooks who are always stealing from the village fruit stand?" Sonic asks.

"They've clearly mistaken Tails for a lemon. Pff. Ha! What fools." Knuckles shakes his head.

The piranha plants roar at us again, forcing us to step back further.