Chapter 25

Ponponpon!!!

Lyric

My mother was actually enjoying her time at community service; She had cheated the system and was just bossing people around for two hours, it was not really a punishment for her. The babies did babyish; sleep, cry, play and poop for Kirra and sleep, eat, poop and look confused and shocked to be here for Atlas.

I shut down operations at the kitchen for a few months to allow myself to get used to motherhood, Donovan and Marsha were also on paternity and maternity leave so we would resume work when things settled down.

Initially when Greyson rejected me I spent hours pouring over books on economics and politics to try and prove to him that I could be an asset but I was too dumb and scatter brained to understand anything, I ended up giving up on my brain completely.

It was only after I started working at the diner that I realized that I may not be good at algebra or economics but I like money so much that I am good at counting, keeping track of it and later when I started my business; making and multiplying it.

In fact I had always been good at managing money, when I was younger I had been put in charge of restocking the kitchen at the main pack house. I still used the same system to run certain parts of my business.

I had a bone to pick with Loane and had been looking for a way to get back at her as pettily as possible, as a warning. When my mother's old acquaintance Ginni came to our house to borrow some money from my mother, I became suspicious.

I knew that the pack was facing financial challenges but the fact that Ginni who was usually too proud was asking for a loan meant things were worse than I thought. Instead of asking her, I decided to do some snooping of my own.

I still had the passwords to access the pack accounts and low and behold they still worked when I logged on, the fact that Loane hadn't changed the passwords or updated the system in all of 5yrs, should have been the first warning sign.

At first I was giddy with joy because I logged so easily and immediately started finding evidence of gross mismanagement but the more I scrolled the worse I felt; a sour taste invaded my mouth the more I looked over the dire situation the pack was in.

How could Greyson allow this to happen? He may be have lost his head but he loved this pack and yet every loophole to funnel resources out of the accounts had been exploited. And Loane was supposed to be an economic genius or whatever and yet the pack was bleeding money, deep in unaccounted debt, every single asset even valuable land was tied up in loans as collateral, the effects were astounding and yet the worst part was that there was barely any spending; no money was being spent on the pack. The allowance had been reducing before being completely cut off about 7 months ago.

My mother and I had both stopped receiving an allowance from the pack after my business took off because it would have been greed to take that money when we were making more than we could ever spend. But how were other pack members surviving without that allowance?