Raiders Of The Lost Art Part 1...

Start from the beginning

"Phil, it's okay, trust them." I tried to reassure the man. Just as I was about to convince him, a bunch of cop cars pulled up.

"Fall back!"

XXX

"Man, it is good to be back!" I said loudly as I walked back onto the waverider, Sara's hand intertwined with mine.

"Welcome back, Captain Hunter." Gideon greeted me.

"It is good to see you too, Gideon."

"Not that I don't love reunions, and not that I didn't miss you, but I'm pretty sure you have some explaining to do." Sara said, leading me onto the bridge with the rest of the team.

I sighed. It was time for the team to know what happened.

XXX

"Okay, I don't know what you wanted us to do, but I did it!" Jax told Rip and I as he sat down.

"Excellent work."

"What's going on?" Mick asked us.

"I am piloting us on a collision course with the torpedo. Now, with any luck it will hit us before it hits New York City." I explained.

"How is that lucky?" Mick went back at him.

"Can the waverider handle the blast?" Sara asked.

"Honestly, I have absolutely no idea. Which is why I'm doing this. Sorry, Sara. I love you." I pressed and everyone besides Rory was time scattered throughout history.

"Where is everybody?" He asked immediately.

"The appropriate question is when." I corrected him. "Over the last few months, we've implemented a safeguard in case of catastrophe. A high burst of temporal energy has scattered our team throughout history."

"I knew you two never liked me." He grunted.

"We're afraid, injured as you are, you wouldn't survive the rigors of time travel, which is why we're doing this." Rip said, handing me the flasher. I pointed it at Mick, knocking him out.

"Gideon. How much time do we have?" I asked the AI.

"30 seconds, Captains."

XXX

As fast as we could, Rip and I carried the brute man to the medbay, in an attempt to put him into stasis. Our attempt was successful and Mick was in stasis. For how long? Well, until someone found the waverider.

"Gideon?" Rip asked the AI.

"I'm here, Captains."

"You always are." I muttered. "Come on, Rip."

XXX

We rushed to get to the parlor, the ship thrashing us in every direction.

"Gideon, what's our status?" I asked after we had been hit with the bomb.

"The waverider is, surprisingly, not destroyed, Captains. Though that condition may not be permanent."

"How long will it take to effect repairs?" Rip asked.

"15 years."

"Now, that won't work, will it?" Once we reached the parlor, I lifted up a tile, revealing a piece of wood. But this was the most powerful piece of wood in history which is exactly why we needed to protect it.

"What is that, Captains?" Gideon asked us.

"There's some things that we can't even tell you, Gideon." That was true. We had sworn an oath not to tell anyone. That included Gideon.

"Initiate repair procedures."

"Auto repair engaged."

"Shogun Ballistic."

"Captains, that is the shutdown code for my primary sy-" Gideon's voice died out.

XXX

Our final stop, the engine room. If we made contact with the time drive, we would have jumped out of there. Rip took the case off, but as I reached for the time drive, Rip pushed my hand away. One of us was to make contact with the time drive as the other person held on. We knew the risk of touching the time drive would most likely result in memory loss.

"Jes, before your parents died, I promised them I would protect you at all costs. I can't let you touch the time drive. It would kill me knowing you forgot me."

"And how do you think I'll feel, Rip?"

"You'll manage. You'll find your way back to Sara and you'll remember her. Stay with her, will you? She's a good one." I nodded. "I love you, Jes."

"I love you too, Rip." We embraced each other one last time, crying into one another's shoulders. I held his hand as he touched the time drive, jumping us to an unknown time and place. "Rip!" I called out his name once we had landed. I saw him immediately, too, but he didn't answer. "Rip!" I grabbed his shoulder and he turned around shocked.

"Who the hell are you?"

XXX

"And that's what happened. I knew I had to keep an eye on Rip, so I pretended to accept his new identity while taking on one of my own. Please meet Jessica Allen." I gestured towards myself. "Anything else you guys need?" Sara shook her head. "Good." I dragged Sara out of the bridge. "Now, you and I have our own catching up to do."