Chapter 20:: Because You're Here

Author's POV: 

You were kissing him, trying to divert him from the lightning. You couldn't care about anything else, other than him being okay. 

Soon, you pulled away and just a few seconds later, the storm stopped. You sighed in relief, still hugging him. You could feel his whimpers lessening, he was okay now. But because of crying so much, he was still sniffling as you stroked his back softly. 

You pulled away and looked at him who was looking at you already. 
"Are you okay now?" You asked as he looked down, nodding. You smiled a little before wiping his tears, kissing his forehead and speaking, "It's okay, I'm here." 
"Let's go to bed?"
You asked as he nodded. You sat on the bed beside him, who looked down, not speaking. 
"You'll be fine. I'll contact the therapist I was talking about tomorrow." You coughed a little as he looked at you for a while. You looked at him confused. Gulping, you quickly uttered, "Uh... go to sleep. I told you to accompany me today. Who asked you to sleep alone? It's not like I've got a HUGE problem with you sleeping beside me. Monsoon is not favourable." You said as he looked down. 

"Let's sleep, don't think anymore.." You said and smiled at him. He lay on the bed as you put a blanket on top of him, caressing his hair. 
"Okay... I know it's very awkward for me to take care of you but... just sleep for now. I'm also very sorry for before.." You said, looking down. He smiled a little and spoke, "It's okay... I was really scared." You smiled and said, "I don't know how you feel at all but it'll be okay soon." 

--Next morning

Taehyung frowned a little, waking up. Getting up, he sighed remembering last night's events. It was monsoon every day, he had to worry about storms. Thankfully, during the first days of the monsoon, there weren't any thunders or lightning. But it was that season again, the season he absolutely hated. 
He sighed and looked beside him to see you sleeping. He smiled a little and patted your head. He eyed you who was sleeping deeply. Leaning closer to your face, he examined your face as he remembered how you kissed him last night.
"I know we're married but... why does she do reckless things?" He asked himself, sighing with a smile. But a slight frown appeared on his face as he remembered how he was distracted from the thunder as soon as your lips met. He was sure he started calming down in that 1 minute of the kiss. 

He smiled remembering how you were comforting him again and again. He realized how sincere and warm your words were. After his mom and dad, if anyone ever knew how to handle him, it was you. 

He placed a kiss on your forehead before smiling at you. 
"Thank you.." He mumbled and got up, putting the blanket on you properly. 

Getting out, he looked at his mom who was waiting there worriedly.
"Tae, dear! Are you alright? It was storming last night I heard." She said as Taehyung smiled nodding.
"I am okay." He said as Mrs Kim smiled saying, "Do you know why I didn't come yesterday?"
"Huh?"
Taehyung asked, confused. Mrs Kim patted his head and said, "When I got up from my sleep, I was scared because you were alone. But as soon as I looked beside me, I saw an empty bed. I walked towards your room to see her, hugging you. That was the first time I've ever felt relieved during the storms as I saw you. You won, son." 

Taehyung looked away, not talking. He smiled and said, "I know right." 
"I'll make some warm breakfast! Your dad's out right now... he's buying groceries. He was worried for you, make sure to tell him you're fine! And also, please think about a therapist."
Mrs Kim said and walked away as Taehyung nodded. 

--Time skip 

Groaning, you woke up and yawned. Looking here and there, you saw nothing but an empty room with furniture. 
"Aeh? Why am I in- Oh right!!" You almost screamed but held your mouth before sighing. 
"Ah.. what time is it?" You asked yourself and looked at the clock just to gasp loudly. 10:47 am. Why on earth did no one wake your sleeping a*s up?! 
"What the- oh my gosh! It's so embarrassing... I slept too much!" You groaned and hit your head. You were tensed but frowned hearing water noises.