Chapter 34:: Falling

Author's POV: 

"Your periods are over?" Taehyung asked as you nodded.
"Finally, freedom!" You said, happily. He smiled and nodded saying, "I'm going to be out for a one-week business trip... I'm supposed to leave 2 days later, ugh."
"Aww... I won't miss you!"
You said, smiling. He scoffed and said, "As if I will miss you.. dream of it." 

"We both know what's going to happen, kids." A voice spoke as you both looked in the direction of the voice to see Mrs Kim standing there with Mr Kim, smiling. You smiled a little and looked back as Mr Kim spoke, "But... we're going to Y/N's house today, to meet Mrs Jeon and Jungkook. So get ready!!" 

You nodded. It had been some time since you hadn't gone to your house. Busy with work, life... where was the time? Only if Taehyung didn't make enough time for you and him, there would be no 'us' between you both. 
As much as you missed your father, you knew that he was fine. You dreamt of him a few days ago, he was all fine, with you all. That dream made you cry that morning for sure but, relief rushed in you. Maybe he was fine..? 

---Time skip

"Yes, mom.." You said and smiled, eating the dumpling she gave you. You took another dumpling and placed it on Taehyung's plate who smiled saying, "Dumbhead and dumplings... always the same." 
"Shut up."
You muttered. He chuckled as the others shared glances among themselves. 
"It's soon... your first year of marriage. Time sure flies fast." Mr KIm spoke as you nodded. Taehyung smiled and said, "It does." 
"But I'm grateful... it must've been a hard choice to listen to her dad's wish and marry someone you disliked."
Your mom said as Taehyung looked at her. He looked a little amused. 

"Mom.." You mumbled, sighing. Everyone seemed to look at Taehyung expecting him to say something, including you. He looked at his food and said, "Actually... that's not entirely why I married Y/N." His confession made everyone look at him a little confused. 
"Well.. at first, I was against marrying her. I thought she'd make my life living hell... since I've never believed in dating. To me, I believed in marrying the woman I'd love, not flinging and dating for some time. It's just loving once in a lifetime. So I was sure she wasn't the one... but... I don't know when or how, maybe from the very first day we met, she somehow gained my attention as no one could ever."

He let out a chuckle, looking here and there, continuing, "In the hospital... when I saw her caring side for her father and family, I sort of felt different. I felt like I saw a completely different side of the woman I went on a date with, a woman who was a complete nutjob... worse than me." He was laughing but you frowned. Was he insulting you or telling some sort of love story? 
"But she did... gain my attention. I don't know how or when or what... I just- felt like, I should marry her. No cause, but Mr Jeon's situation was also critical so I thought about his wish. I felt like... his wish was rather an opportunity for me he created... to feel a love I really needed. And that love... Y/N is the only one who could ever have it. I felt that way... and even after marriage, though we did play the Tom & Jerry game, I started falling for her and we... ended up here. But at times, I feel like I should've started realizing my feelings earlier... if that'd help me get one more day with her... with our love.."

You were perplexed. You knew he loved you but not that he actually had loved you in so many ways you couldn't imagine. Every day, this guy was shocking you more and more, more than he could ever. 
"Y/N... you won," Jungkook spoke, chewing his food. Your blood rushed up to your neck and cheeks. Taehyung noticed it and smiled slightly, holding your hand from under the table. You let out a soft smile as your mom said, "I'm glad... my daughter is in the best hands." 
You giggled and said, "More like, he's in good hands mom." 
"As if.."
Taehyung mumbled, with a smirk. You glared at him making him hold in a smile.