Baby [Eugene]

⋆ ╤╤╤ ✯ ╤╤╤ ⋆

┊┊┊┊✧ ┊┊

┊┊⋆┊┊ ☪︎

┊✭ ┊ ┊

✯ ┊ ✧

EUGENE NEVER REALLY liked children, he thought of them as dirty and disruptive, always causing trouble and destroying the beautiful routine he has fixed himself. Although there are still a few exemptions, his negative feelings for them never went away.

So he was wondering how he ended up taking care of [M.Name]'s niece in one of their hidden shared houses, too busy cooking something in the kitchen and had left the bespectacled male to tend to the young troublemaker.

Mayumi has been crying for the past ten minutes, her wails getting louder and louder as Eugene's patience began to thin out. If it weren't for the fact that this was supposed to be their quiet cozy home then he would've called one of his employees to take care of this noisy gremlin.

"Eugene, can you please feed her? The milk bottle is on the coffee table in the living room." [M.Name]'s tired voice rang through the house, followed by the sound of something being fried.

"Alright." He replied, already grabbing the warm bottle and making his way back to her crib. Thankfully, all of Mayumi's cries were hushed once the bottle was on her lips, happily drinking away while Eugene carefully held the bottle for her.

With a sigh of relief, the bespectacled male watched in silence as the baby continued to drink her milk, observing her little features and disregarding the aching of his back.

How adorable, he thought, smiling at how she grabbed his finger and giggled softly. Babies are quite cute when they aren't trying to ruin your eardrums, hearing their little giggles and soft yawns were like a small tinkle of a bell.

Eugene remembered the odd story [M.Name]'s step-mother had told him before, a little tale about fairies. Those tiny creatures that would fly around with magic in them, and they were born whenever a baby laugh's for the first time.

With how sweet and soft her giggle was, he has no doubt that even though fairies were meer fantasy creatures, Mayumi's laugh could definitely form the most beautiful fairy to exist.

Once Mayumi finished her bottle, Eugene carefully picked her up and patted her back, also remembering how babies needed to burp after every food or drink they finish, lest he wants her to puke and resume on crying.

"You'd be a great father."

Eugene nearly dropped his piping hot coffee, a burning sensation on his tongue had him mute but gave [M.Name] an unamused stare. Fortunately, no coffee was spilt on the floor nor his shirt, but the pain in his mouth still hurt like a bitch.

"I don't think so," He countered, turning towards the latter with furrowed brows, "I normally don't interact with children and babies are quite a distraction. Being a father would be the last thing I'll be with my line of work as well."

[M.Name] nodded a few times, seeing the points Eugene has made. Romantic involvement was already a hazard to him, what more could it be if he were to have his own child? Emotional attachment is risky.

"However, I don't mind taking care of Mayumi with you."

Although taken aback by his sudden statement, [M.Name] felt quite pleasant upon hearing this, a small smile crept to his lips as Eugene interlocked their hands.

Only the sounds of the wind chime jingling and crickets hidden in the bushes echoed throughout the night, save for Mayumi crying shortly after her two caretakers fell asleep. They didn't mind it though-- well, Eugene did-- and immediately took care of the sobbing child.

Taking care of a baby was definitely one of the most unexpected things for Eugene to experience, but it was more or less worth it since he spent his time with [M.Name]. Any time spent with him was worth everything anyway.

*I'm sorry if this was extremely short, I was in class while typing this shit out so my brain wasn't braining the words properly