Don't cry

This is after Spencer is released from prison. :) Just in case you guys get confused. 

I had a rough past couple of months, trying to balance out my life with college, work, and Spencer Reid. He was my best friend, but I always wanted more. That's why it felt wrong when I went to him for help.

"Spence..." I knocked on the apartment door twice. Tears welling in my eyes. I knocked again. I heard shuffling. I wiped my tears and was about to knock again when the door opened. Spencer looked at me for a few seconds, him only in sweatpants. He blinked and then opened the door more. 

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" He asked, as I walked in. I bawled up my fists, to hide the fact that I wanted to run into his arms and cry. 

"I- Spencer why is it always me?" I cried, not facing him. He didn't answer. "I mean, I watch everyone get a girlfriend or boyfriend, and I can't even do both! I have college and work and I have my dog, and-" I put my hands to my face and hold back tears. I can hear him moving from behind me. "-And I've went on millions of dates with nice, probably available men! Every time it's only one date! One! How..." I turn to him, tears streaming down my face as I set my hands down, "How do you do it?" 

"What do you mean?" He asks, furrowing his brows. 

"How do you control your life? I mean you have a gir-" I paused as I saw him raise a brow, "You don't have a girlfriend?" 

"Y/n why are you here at 3 in the morning?" Spencer asks, crossing his arms over his chest, and leaning against the closed door. 

"I don't- I don't know..." I stutter. Why was I here at such a late hour? I remember getting in my car, tears in my eyes from a tough day at work, then driving.

"What happened at work?" He asked, calmly. I scrunched up my nose and closed my eyes. 

"This girl..." I start, breathing in, "She said that I was gonna get fired, because they only keep skinny people... then I got no tips and was paid so little by the manager, but its not fair because I worked double and was their all morning and night!" I start to scream, "And then as I'm closing up shop the manager pulls me aside and says 'you could have done better today...'. And then walks to her car! And as I was heading home, my college called, asking why I was getting bad grades in almost every class!" I bawl up my fists. "I don't get bad grades! I'm civilized with homework and work and school and-" I start to hyperventilate. 

"Y/n breathe," Spencer heads over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder, "They probably thought you were someone else, it happens to me a lot as well." Spencer says, trying to calm me down. 

"No... they said my last and first name..." I cry, "I'm failing and getting fired! I'm gonna become one of those useless homeless girls with a bag of rocks..." I tell him. 

"Why do you have a bag of-" I glare up at him and he puts his hands up in surrender, "Your not gonna be homeless, Y/n. And even if you did, you can live with me. I have a spare room," Spencer smiles. I choke back more tears. 

"Really? Why?" I cry. He smiles, weakly. 

"Because your my friend, and I love you," He says. I laugh and look up at him. "As a friend, of course," He says after a minute of silence. 

"Of course," I laugh and kiss his cheek, "I love you too, Spencer Reid."