epilogue: a reason for leaving.

Nightmare POV: it hadn't been long sense we read the note. I had went to look for shattered. I knew what I'd find when I did find him. I knew as soon as I read the note and noticed he was missing. It scared me.. but I knew he wasnt meant to be here. I'm just glad he got to live a little before he had to go..

I noticed a door cracked open. It was the guest room that we had dubbed shattered's room for the time being. I took a deep breath and prepared myself for what I'd see.

I opened the door to see shattered sitting down at a small desk. Calmly writing a note.

I let out a breath I didnt know I was holding.

He hadn't left yet.

But I knew hes be gone soon.

He noticed me and set his pen down. He calmly spoke as he smiled at me. "What's with all the sudden positivity nightmare..?"

I smile "sorry" I say "I just.... I'm glad your ok.."

He smiles at me. "You know what's going to happen next.. huh..?

I nod.

He smiles a little wider as he stand s up and folds the note. Done with writing it.

He goes over to the bed and sits down on the edge, patting next to him to gesture me to sit down. I go over and sit next to me. I take a deep breath. Not wanting to cry.

"Why do you have to leave..?" I say. My voice wavering as tears threaten to fall.

"The balance is off nightmare.. yes, I have both positivity and negativity, but I have more positivity. Theirs to much positivity in the multiverse with me here.

That's why currupted had to leave once you got free."

"....Is it my fault..? That all of this happened..?"

"....yes...

but you didnt caused anything bad nightmare.... this fate was chosen for you once you where born... nothing could change it... and just because me and currupted had to go, doesnt mean this is a bad ending.

This is a happy ending nightmare.

Your happy ending."

"But I dont want you to go...! You never got to live your life..!"

"Oh please..

You are my life nightmare.

You and your brother.

If your happy.

Then I dont need my life anymore.

My life is complete with you two finally getting to be happy."

I could stop tears from falling. Shattered just pulled me into a hug as I cried.

I could tell he was happy.

He didnt mind leaving.

He knew he couldnt stay.

And I knew it to but..

I couldnt take another lose.