Chapter 25: gardian angel

Shattered pov: nightmare glares into my eyes. "Who are you.." he says. His voice laced with hate and venom.

"Not anyone threatening." I say. I could tell by his expression that he didnt belive me.

"Nightmare.. listen to me..." I start "I can help you..." i think.

If hes listening to halucinations.. then maybe i can Bargen with him.

"I dont know what their saying to you. But I can make them shut up. You wont have to listen to them anymore.. their lying to you. Why wont you belive all of us..?" I say.

"Because the last time I believed someone, they left me!! They let me get beat and lied to me! They said theyd always ve there and they weren't!"

He glares at dream

"Sound familiar..!????" He says. His eyes crazed and angry. I need to get his guard down....

"Why are you so scared night..?"

"I'm not scared! Not anymore!"

"But you are. I feel it. There making you paranoid of people who are trying to help. Dream loves you night. He didnt know you where getting hurt.. if he did he would never have left you alone."

"Hahaha! Your a liar! Your all liars! I know your wrong!"

"I'm not nightmare. Their not real-"

"I KNOW THAT! ............ I know their not real. But at least their here for me. So if I have to kill in order to get them to stay. Then I'll do it in a heart beat.." His hatred rises. But i feel something lower..

His guard.

"Ink! Now!!"

Ink lunges and splashes pink paint all over nightmare, Tying him in pink strings. He starts struggling but both ink and dream rush over to keep him still.

"LET GO- WAIT- PLEASE- LET GO OF ME-"

Nightmare yelled. His anger suddenly turning to fear. He was terrified.. I knew why..

The villagers would hold him still while one of them beat him. He was having flashbacks..

I calmly walk over and kneel next to him.

"I'm not going to hurt you." I say As I watch him start crying.

"Wow. Hes really good at acting." Dust says. Looking at the suddenly fragile skeleton.

"Hes not acting" I say. "Hes genuinely terrified.." dust seems to feel bad now. But that's not my concern... I need to help nightmare right now..

I slowly put my hand on nightmares shoulder. He flinches and starts falling even more. Screaming for me to let go of him. I dont.

I use a little bit of magic to connect to his mind.

I see two figures. I quickly noticed them as the two villagers that hurt nightmare at the village.. their eyes where dark and hollow. Covered in a little bit of black substance and a lot blood. One held a knife, the other held a rope. They where screaming non stop. It hurt my head listening to them.. the world seemed darker and every now and then the villagers would 'kill' someone. I knew they where hallucinations, but I can see how It could drive someone crazy.

Their seemed to be more blood and dust everywhere and voices where screaming. More than just the two villagers voices, but voices simply in his head.

I closed my eyes. Struggling to try and cancel it all out. I focused on my magic as I felt nightmare resist and fight back.

I gently release a lot of positivity magic, followed by a lot of negativity magic. The screaming got louder and louder as I did so. I felt nightmare struggle even more.