Chapter 2: a purpose

Currupted Nightmares pov: I sit staring at the stacks of papers and plans. Trying to think of what to do for today when I hear the door creak open. I look up to see an all to familiar face, my right hand man, killer sans. Black tar drips from his eyes and a bright red target sits at his chest. Blocking him from feeling emotion. I look back down at the papers.

"Hello killer.." I mumble

He just silently walks over to looks at the blank papers in front of me.

" no plans for today..? " he asks in a monotone voice. I sigh and stand up. Looming over the shorter skeleton "not anything useful.. most likely just training or improv fighting for today. Go wake the others.." I state with an annoyed voice

"No need"

I look up to see the figure that spoke was dust. A hooded sans with a crazed eye, yet calm demeanor. Behind him was a tired looking canible named horror. Drooling slightly from falling asleep only moments before. I didn't even notice them come in. Clearly my guard isnt up.. I need to work on that.. I at least should have recognized their negative aura approaching..

"Good" I look at the blank papers in front of me and try my best not to look clueless

"Theirs no plan for today. Simple training and if needed we will go spread negativity. Head to the main hall. I'll meet you their soon. I need to take care of some work first." They nod and leave. Heading to the main hall. I close the door behind them and look back at the empty papers.

My mind has been racing for the past few weeks and I havent been able to think straight. Passive has been getting louder and louder. Hes more desperate to be free then normal.. every day he loses more and more of his sanity and it causes me to become more defensive of him. It's my job to protect him.. it's my job to keep him safe no matter the cost.. even if it means locking him away..

FLASHBACK

Brightness seemed to overflow my vision, burning my sensitive eyes as I opened them to the sound of an annoyed groan. I look over to see a goopy figure just like myself, shielding his eyes from the bright sun that blinded us. He had Yellow outlines and a crown that matched the young protecter of positivity. We sat at the top of a tall tree that grew gold and obsidian apples. we where invisible to the people of the au, including the two young brothers that sat below us. young nightmare was reading a book to his happy brother dream.

"Currupted, I'm bored.." spoke the goopy copy of dream, getting in the shade of one of the many branches in order to hide from the suns burning light.

"I can tell.. but your gonna have to get use to doing nothing. It's basically our job." I state. Looking up into the leaves, trying to ignore the burning feeling that the sun caused my eyelight.

"Orrrrr.. we could do something.." he states. Looking at one of the young guardians.

"No shattered. We where trusted by Nim to protect them. Not anything else." I growl, glaring slightly torwards him.

"I dont understand why we cant just be in a physical form then. Protect them physically instead of spiritually." Shattered mumbled

"You know exactly why we cant be their physically."

"I do?"

I glare at his response.

"Yes.. you do... nim, the mother of nightmare and dream, The one that created us and is trapped in the very tree we sit on, tasked us to protect the two brothers. But, do to the fact that our auras are to strong for this small au, she stored our magic in the apples, making us ghost-like. We cant protect them physically unless one of them eats an apple and releases our magic. And we both know that will never happen.."