Chapter 3: a problem

Dream Pov:

I sit in the empty living room on a comfortable leather couch. I'm wrapped in a large dark blue blanket, staring at my newly polished crown that sits on the shiny wooden table in front of me. I look around at the nicely furnished house. It's a house ink created for me a while back. Its nice and big. Blue and ink will stay occasionally.. but when they're no here I have nothing to do. I would go around spreading joy and positivity.. but my 'brother' would come stop me. And I cant fight him and his gang alone..

speaking of which....

usually hes spreading negativity by now.. I dont sense any sudden bursts of negativity in any aus...

my paranoia begins to rise as I realize this. Did something happen to him or is he planning something..? Hes been slow on spreading negativity for a few weeks now.. I wonder if somethings going on...

A loud familiar teleporting sound snaps me out of my thoughts as I turn around to see ink. His eyes bright yellow and his yellow vile halfway drank. He smiles wide and speaks

"Hello dream."

I smile back.

"Hello ink! How are you?"

"Even better now that I have some good news!"

My interest gets peaked as i look at him with a confused glance.

"Oh?"

He smiles wider as he steps closer

"I've got a plan, already set up,

To catch the 'almighty king of negativity' once and for all!"

Nightmares Pov:

I walk down to the main hall and meet with the gang. They look at me and stiffen their posture. Their negativity rising. Exept for killer of course. Why do I have to make them hate me..?

"Let's go" I open a portal to a random au. And watch as they spawn their weapons and go through. I follow and close the portal behind me. The au is silent and it leaves an eerie feeling in the air. Usually that would make me comforted, but it sent a shiver down my spine. The gang seemed on edge as well, but I just continued walking. The wind rushed past us as snow continued to fall in the seemingly never ending forests of snowdin. After what seems like forever of walking, we finally get to the snowdin. The snow looked fresh, with no footprints, and the houses looked abandoned. I didnt sense any auras. Nothing. No one was here..

"What the..." dust spoke as he walks a little bit ahead, looking in windows to look for people.

"Where is everyone? did they run? Maybe they heard that we where coming and evacuated to somewhere else?" Horror states. Confused on what's going on as well.

"No.. their would be footprints in the snow or people that stayed behind." Killer states emotionlessly.

"Oh..yea.." horror looks embarrassed that he didnt think of that.

"Theirs no auras.. no ones in the entire au.." I growl. Slightly annoyed.

Dust speaks up after a Moment silence

"Maybe it's not a finished au..? Or maybe that destroyer killed everyone here and forgot to destroy it."

"I wouldnt have come here if it wasnt finished. Theirs different auras in unfinished aus. And even if no one us here I can tell this au is finished. Not to mention.. I may not speak with the destroyer, but one thing I've learned is he finishes his work. He wouldnt leave an empty au. And even if he did their would be dust or some sort of evidence of a fight or something. Maybe a few of his strings left over or anything..." I angrily state "we need to get out of here. I think this is some trick by that stupid creator or dream." I state as i lift my hand to open a portal.

but nothing happens...

I try again

it doesnt work...

"Somethings happening.. I cant spawn my portals." I mumble

I tried to be calm but I could feel my panic rising. I managed to keep a calm face.

I watch as the gang tries to spawn a portal or teleport, but it fails.

Horror seems panicked slightly

"Did they cut off our magic somehow...?"

"No..." I speak calmly. Spawning a small gaster blaster. "We can still use magic. We just cant leave.." I look around. Searching more for a sign of life or anything I can use to get out of here or figure out what's going on.

Suddenly a pain shoots through my soul. My body seems to freeze from shock. My legs give out as I fall to the ground. My soul starting to pound in my chest as sweat starts to drip down my skull. I clutch my chest, blood begins dripping from my mouth but its disguised by the goop.

Dust looks shocked and killer rushes over kneeling by my side. Horror looks at dust then back at me. Then starts looking around for anything he can use to help. My eyesight starts fading in and out and the world seems to sway around me. Another shooting pain shoots through my soul and I let out an audible groan as i clutch onto my chest harder. I hear horror and dust yelling but the audio is fuzzy and hard to hear. Pain starts pulsing throughout my body.

I feel something..

Something else..

No....

SomeONE else...

Its them...

I look up to see the yelling was horror and dust fending off dream and ink as killer tries to help me up.

But he didnt get the chance to..

Next think you know, someone teleports in front of me and slashes something against my skull.

before everything faded to black.