𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟷

Lilah's POV

Peter strayed further behind, allowing me time to get to my apartment unnoticed by any green men flying around. I changed into the clothes I had left behind at the dumpster about a block from my apartment complex. The sweater felt suffocating, even though the wind blew briskly along the street. 

Harry could've left me anything as a 'present', it could even be a bomb. I shook my head at the irrational thought, but it festered in my brain. He could've figured out I was the Midnight Spider, and with his father, decided to end me in the easiest way possible. 

A text popped up on my phone from Peter

Just getting to your block now. I'm not sensing anyone here

I sent a quick one back as I arrived at the doors to my apartment building. 

Me either. Don't text anymore though. Come over in 15. 

I unlocked the doors and started to trudge up the stairs to my apartment. Harry might've tapped my phone and had all of my information. Or it could've even been Norman to investigate my character. I would need to order a new one for 'work'. 

My walking slowed as I got to my floor. A package wrapped in sage green paper. A small note was attached to a darker green ribbon that sat delicately on top. With shaking hands, I picked up the present. I tried to get my key into the lock of my apartment, but I missed the lock one, two, three times before it finally clicked into place. 

I placed it lightly onto my living room table, tore the coat from my shoulder, and threw it onto the couch. Kneeling, I picked up the delicately placed note on the package. 

Note writing: For my favorite secretary, I never thought I would meet anyone like you, yet here we are

Note writing: For my favorite secretary, I never thought I would meet anyone like you, yet here we are. I got you something for the ball. Hope you like green. ~ Harry 

I cast the note aside and gently picked apart the wrapping paper. Inside, a sleek black box sat, patiently waiting to be opened. My apartment was silent in anticipation. Nails scraping against the lid, I opened it and stared in awe. 

Folding among the black tissue paper was an emerald green dress

Folding among the black tissue paper was an emerald green dress. It would easily be the prettiest thing I had ever had on my body. Then I gave myself a reality check. This was from Harry, most definitely at the behest of Norman. Shivers ran up my spine. I sprung up from where I was knelt on the floor and closed all of the windows in my apartment.