𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿

Peter's POV

Her figure froze when she heard my voice. I was trying to approach this as carefully as possible. I saw what she did tonight and she terrified me and made me wonder at the same time. She was an excellent fighter. 

"I didn't know there was another spider crawling around New York. How long have you been one?" I walked out from where I had been hiding. She slowly turned around to face me and lowered the hood from her head. The eyes of her suit had a hint of worry in their shape. 

She walked towards me. "It took you long enough to find out about me. It's been over a year. But I didn't think we'd meet like this, Spiderman." She rested one hand on her hip and looked up at me. "How'd you find me?"

I couldn't tell if it was a threat, a question, or both. "I heard about a Code L on the police scanner today and went to the scene to check it out because I heard it used last night as well. Then I saw you and Miles there together."

She crossed her arms. "Have you been following me all day Spidey? I didn't take you for one to stalk unsuspecting women." 

"That is not what I was doing! I promise!" I put my head in my hands, this is not how I wanted this to go. "I just needed to see if you were a threat to Miles or me. I also needed to figure out why Miles had kept you a secret." 

She sat down on a nearby air conditioning unit. "That was my choice, and Miles respected it. And he helped cover up for me," she held up her hand and two fingers nearly touching. "Just a little bit." 

"But why? You obviously like to fight crime."

"Do you want me to give you the truth?" I nodded at her. "I did it because I didn't want to get involved with your superhuman fights with other villains. Just a little too dramatic for me. It's also easier to work alone." 

"You were working with Miles earlier today though."

"I owed him for covering for me the other night. You weren't supposed to stumble onto the scene after I handled it. And he's grown on me." She got up and started to walk away from me. 

"Wait, where are you going?" 

She pulled out her phone, looking at the time. "I have some plans tomorrow. I need to start on them tonight. It was nice to finally meet you though. Don't follow me home like you've done all day." She laughed and looked back at me while pulling her hood back over her head. 

I laughed back at her teasing. "I've course not. But one more question. What's your name? I heard them calling you Code L, but I don't think that is it."

She turned once she hit the edge of the building. "You can call me Midnight Spider," Her hands came up and made quotation marks in the air. "My 'teammates' call me L. See you around Spidey," She gave me a small smile, "or should I say, Peter." With that, saluted with two fingers and fell off the side of the building. 

How in the hell did she know my name?! I ran to the edge where she had fallen off and saw her swinging away, probably towards her home. I needed to see her again and ask even more questions. And if I got to know her better she might even help us fight. She is certainly a force to be reckoned with. 

Lilah's POV

I shouted into the phone as the voicemail icon popped up from the call. "MILES GONZALO MORALES, PICK UP THE PHONE NOW. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. PETE FOUND OUT."

I clicked end to the voicemail and immediately got a call back. "Sorry I was studying and was gonna let it go to voicemail. But what do you mean?! How did he find out?!"

I swung onto my balcony and opened the door. "He went to the scene of the carjacking today. He heard the police on the scanner say Code L and went to investigate. He saw you and me together! He basically followed me all day because he thought I was a threat and then he spoke up when I was about to end my patrolling." I pulled my mask off and threw it onto the ground. My brown, slightly sweaty hair spilled down my back.

"Well, what did you say to him?!"

"I acted kinda cocky. So basically like Spiderman already. Then he kept asking questions about who I was and why I wasn't on the team. So I stated why and then headed off. But....not before calling him Peter."

"WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT?! NOW HE'S GOING TO TRY EVEN HARDER TO FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE!" 

"Well, it did kinda piss me off that he had been following me all day. I wanted to scare him a little bit."

I heard him mutter under his breath, "Dios mío, qué voy a hacer contigo Lilah" He took a breath and then paused. "He's calling me on my other phone. What do I say?" He sounded extremely nervous. 

"Just tell him the truth? Keep me on the line so you can ask me what you should say." He didn't say anything in response, but I heard him accept the call. 

"Hey, what's up Peter?" All I could hear was a loud but gargled response. "I know I shouldn't have kept it from you. I'm sorry." Miles paused again while Peter's voice made another static sound. Then he started talking to me. 

"L, he wants to meet with you again. Talk to you some more." 

"Oh my gosh. This is why I didn't want him to know about me in the first place." I placed my head in my hands as I sat down hard on my couch. "Tell him that I'll meet him on top of the Empire State building at 3 o'clock tomorrow. I'm done with this for tonight. Bye Miles, sorry to get you roped into this."

"I got you. Don't worry about it. It would've happened at some point anyway."