𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾

Peter's POV

Miles and I watched as she disappeared behind the New York skyline. Then he turned to me. 

"What the Hell did you do?" He said it slightly laughing, but I was nowhere close to laughing. 

"Language. And let's just say that I messed up, but I'm not gonna get you involved because you're like...17." Guilt coursed through me and settled as a pit in my stomach. 

"Did you stay?"

I scratched my head, "I may have?"

"Pete, that is the opposite of the plan. If the Green Goblin had seen you there--"

"I know, I know. I was just so....ugh. I've messed up." 

"Obviously. You have to fix this somehow. She's like an older sister to me, and I don't want her to work alone again. She got hurt a lot more." 

I nodded, "I'll try. See you later." I connected a web and swung away. 

Lilah was right. I totally had been jealous. Every girl in high school fell in love with Harry, and for good reason. 

It's not like I didn't trust her. She was completely strong enough to do this mission, even with the Green Goblin showing up unexpectedly. She just looked beautiful tonight and my first thoughts went to her and Harry hitting it off. But her brother had completely slipped my mind. 

I was a huge dick. A huge freaking douchebag. 

I can't believe I had forgotten about a defining moment in her life. I knew she had everything under control, it was just my stupid freaking insecurities. 

I genuinely didn't want her to leave our team. I didn't want her to leave my life. Besides Miles, she was the only one like me. And we had a special connection. I had felt it when we kissed. 

I'd have to make it up to her. 

Lilah's POV

I landed on my balcony and ran inside my dark apartment. I closed the curtains and ripped off the mask of my suit. I was so infuriated that it felt like I was burning up. Small tears started to sprinkle my face. 

How DARE he make that assumption about me. 

I understand feeling jealous, it has happened to me before. But in that situation, on a mission, with the son of the man whose mad inventions killed my brother. I thought Peter was better than that. 

I thought we had something more than that. 

I walked to the bathroom and saw my face, flushed red with anger and covered in soot. I washed my face but it did nothing to calm my anger.

Small tears continued to leak from my eyes as I changed into an oversized t-shirt, shorts, and a white bathrobe. I tied my hair back into a braid, grabbed a bolt of dark purple fabric, and started to work. Distracting my hands while I thought. 

I didn't know exactly what I was making, maybe a new suit. I just let my hands distract me. The fabric was so dark that it looked like the night sky. It would help me to blend into the background once I go back on my own. 

I heard something woosh outside of my window and rolled my eyes. I knew he would come around eventually but i didn't really want to see him right now. 

A knock on my balcony door tickled the base of my skull, alerting me to Peter's presence. I got up from my work and walked over to the balcony door. I took a deep breath and opened it. 

And there was Harry. 

I stepped back in surprise. "H-Harry? What are you doing here?!" I tried to get back into the mindset of Elle Carter, trying to get into the mindset of being surprised about someone on my balcony-even though I was already used to it.

He held his hands out in front of him, trying to get me to calm down. "Wait-wait-wait. Don't worry. I won't hurt you. I will stay out here on the balcony."

"How d-d-did you find me?" I hated being a stuttering mess, but it's what Ms. Elle would do. 

"Let's just say I had a little help tracking your phone. I just wanted to make sure you were okay after tonight. That wasn't the way I thought our date would go." 

Creepyyyyyyy. I knew it was right to feel off about him. "I'm fine. Spiderman helped to get all of us out of the building. How did you get away from the Green Goblin?! Are you okay?"

He put his hands on my shoulders. A smile grew on his face, slightly twisted. "I am okay! I can't tell you everything right now. But everything is different than it seems Elle!"

I gave an awkward chuckle. "What are you talking about?"

"The Green Goblin is the good guy."

I mean. No. not at all. He literally blew up a restaurant to get to his son, when, I don't know, he could've just walked in to get him. No doubt manipulated by his father, but I played along. 

"O-okay." 

"I can explain it to you later. I can't tell you now, but I also came to ask one thing. There is a ball coming up, to celebrate Oscorp. Will you come with me? It is going to be so much bigger than what everyone thinks it is."

I wanted to gag. This felt so creepy. "I will, but will you promise me that I will be safe?"

"Yes. Yes I promise. I will tell you more details in time, I promise." I smiled and nodded at him. He turned to leave but then looked back at me, "Are you on my side?"

"Harry, if I wasn't, I would probably be calling the police because of someone showing up on my balcony."

He laughed and then leaned in to kiss me on the head. "Thank you so much. Now, you have to go back inside so I can leave." 

I smiled and nodded, backing into my doorway. I waved goodnight and then shut the door. 

Then a woosh swept past the door, signaling that he was gone. 

HOLY SHIT. HE KNOWS WHERE I LIVE.

I tried to keep the panic rising inside my chest to a minimum. 

THE GREEN GOBLIN KNOWS WHERE I LIVE.

I picked up my phone and immediately dialed Miles, planning on telling him everything.