𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻

Lilah's POV

"I can't believe out of the 2 other spidermen, you were the one to find me. Pity really, I wanted to see the look on Peter's face."

How did he know Peter's name? See, this is why I don't get involved with the supervillains. They figure out who you are, and try to ruin everything and everyone that you stand for.

I tried to push down the disgust I got from his voice. It sounded like an old man's, but with a very creepy undertone. I never liked people who basked in other people's torment.

I stood up from where I had been crouched on the ground. "If you wanted us to find you, then why did you hide in an abandoned building?"

He laughed, "You spiders are smart, I knew you'd figure it out eventually." He stood there, staring at me. It wasn't my spidey sense that ran up the base of my neck, but a feeling of disgust. He surveyed me up and down.

He was a total creep. And I was gonna be stupid and call him out on it.

"What? Never seen a woman's body up close before? Get your bug-eyes off of me."

He didn't say anything, just stood there in the doorway. Probably planning something. I decided to speak up again. "So, how are we gonna do this? I can't just let you stay here, you're a danger to the surrounding neighborhood."

He laughed, hard, and it echoed through the desolate building. "You are as inexperienced as I believed Midnight Spider." Guess he had been doing his research.

Then he ran towards me, throwing a punch. I backflipped out of the way and swiped his legs out from underneath him. He fell back on the floor but started laughing again.

Yeah, this guy was crazy.

"You're going to have to do better than that little bug. I delight in the pain." He laughed and rolled out of the way.

My spidey sense alerted me to a danger behind me, so I twisted out of the way as fast as I could. The glider flew under my body, where I had just been, extremely fast. It would've cut my body in half.

I got up again, realizing that I had been distracted by the glider and the Goblin had disappeared. "Angry elf, I don't want to do this all day. I have things to do in the morning."

Then I felt something wrap around my throat, strangling me. It was the sheet that had been covering the glider.

His voice sounded directly in my ear, his breath hot. "You think fooling around is going to distract me? I've fought Spiderman, I know his tricks. You are exactly the same, just weaker."

Fury flashed in my mind. So this man was evil and sexist? Just my cup of tea.

I put both hands on the sheet around my neck, trying to lessen the pressure of his pull. I felt myself slowly losing the oxygen that was left in my lungs. Then, remembering a self-defense class, I reached to put my hands on his lower arm.

I used all of my upper body strength and flung him over my head, smashing him down through the rotted wood of the floor. I jumped through the hole I had created, landing directly on top of him.

I heard the air whoosh out of him, but I was thrown off directly after, smashing into the opposite brick wall. I got up as quickly as I could, but I wasn't fast enough.

The sense ran up the back of my neck, but I couldn't dodge the punch. My lack of air made the world so slow.

He hit me hard in the base of my jaw. I threw a punch at his upper head, but he easily blocked it, knocking me back down.