𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿

Peter's POV

I couldn't sleep.

 I had so many thoughts running through my head, so I had swung around the city early in the morning, finding petty criminals in back alleys, and stopping smaller robberies. But they were not the reason I was out here. 

I was out to find the Green Goblin. 

I assumed he was still hiding out in abandoned buildings like he was when L found him. And I was going to stop him once and for all.

 I felt a tiny bit guilty for going behind Lilah and Miles's back, but they had done it to me already, and my mind was clear so I wasn't rushing in irrationally. 

I thought back to my restless night and realized I might not have lost sleep just because of Norman. As soon as my body would start to relax, my mind drifted by to Lilah. And then I would lose my focus on trying to sleep. 

I kept thinking about the day I swung her home from our class. She looked so happy. I wanted to keep seeing her smile like that, I wanted to see the smile light up every aspect of her face and bring out the small dimple in her chin. Something that I had never noticed before. 

Then one thought stuck in my mind. I wanted to keep her smiling like that. 

I felt guilty for feeling like this, for starting to move on from Gwen. It felt like it was the right thing to do, she would've wanted me to move on too. But it was another hurdle I had to get past every time I was around Lila. 

I continued searching around for the Green Goblin, searching as many abandoned buildings as I could, but I had no luck. I sat on an air conditioner at the top of an old apartment building, trying to rethink my strategy. 

Where would he have gone to hide? He knew that all of us 'spiders' knew that he was around again, so why didn't he come out to play? 

The only person Norman had left was Harry. But Harry knew he was dead. What if he was going to try and get Harry on his side? They both have the common ground of hating me, so that could easily get them to work together. 

I stood up and immediately started swinging towards Oscorp. I think it's time that I reconnect with Harry, and see what he's up to. 

Lilah's POV

I basically just sat at the secretary's desk for most of the day, sending in calls to Harry's office, giving him new paperwork from his emails and that was just about it. 

I'm so glad that I didn't have a desk job. The only thing that kept me entertained all day was the fact that Harry kept leaving his office to come and talk to me. 

I don't know if it's just me, but I think someone might have a tiny crush. 

It was about 2 o'clock in the afternoon, and I still had no word for Miles. I sent him a text because I was getting slightly worried. 

"How's the search going?"

I waited for about 20 minutes and I still had no response. Now I was a little bit more worried than normal, but I would've heard something from Harry if someone broke into the facility and was caught. 

Two old men entered the office and came towards my desk. They would be the fifth group today. 

 I looked at the appointments sheet and sent them in. But they didn't leave until they had a good look at me. I wanted to bash their heads in as they looked me up and down. 

I had a newfound respect for secretaries. They had to deal with creepy old businessmen all day. 

I heard the elevator ding open again and sent out the same line I had told everyone else so far. "Hello, do you have an appointment to see Mr. Osborn?"