𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺

Lilah's POV

I waited on top of the station for Miles, with a slightly squished sandwich in hand. I had to have lunch some way, and I couldn't just walk into a sandwich shop, in my suit, without anyone taking any notice of me. So I was stuck with PB&J on days like this. I had no stomach for the sandwich but I pulled my mask up to my nose and forced myself to eat it. I was almost sick to my stomach thinking about what could happen with Peter. 

I heard something land behind me and felt my spidey-sense hit the back of my neck. I turned and saw Miles in his suit. The black on the suit was starkly contrasted by the spray-painted sjider on his chest, and the red spurts of color on his fingers and feet.  "Hey L, what's wrong?"

I had never told him my real name or showed him my real face, but it was all just a precaution. And it was a way for me to be in control of some aspects of my life. I kept my mask pulled up on my nose, but it did not reveal my eyes.

"The worst thing just happened in class...with Peter." He took off his mask and he came to sit by me. He had a very concerned look on his face. 

"What'd you do?"

"My professor assigned me to tutor Peter. I have to help him on assignments, which means spending time together, which means he could find out, which means that he co--"

"Hey, hey, hey. Slow down." He put both hands on my shoulders and looked at me sincerely. "It's gonna be okay. And you can't do anything to change it now, so let go of it." I took a deep breath and nodded. 

He removed his hands but still looked at me with concern. "You're right. I just have to deal with it now. I'll move past it."

"Yes, you will. And I don't think Peter will notice anything anyways. He always has so much stuff on his mind. And he will probably be late or skip every time you try and help him. He has more important stuff to do." 

I stood up, shook off the worry, and nodded. "That's true." I thought back to the deal I had made with Miles last night and realized it would be a great time to cash it in. "Hey, do you want to go fight some crime? Together?"

His eyes lit up like a little kid on Christmas. "You were for real? Oh, Dios mío...I've always wanted to do that!! And I'll show you how cool it is to work as a team!" He laughed and looked up at me from where he was seated on the ground. 

"Woah, hold your horses, you are not convincing me that fast. This is a trial period. We'll see when that happens."

He stood up and elbowed me in the side. "We'll see what happens then." He pulled his mask back down onto his face, so I did the same. Suddenly he got up and pushed me a bit. "First one to find a crime wins." And then he launched himself off the building. 

"Miles that isn't fair!"

"Guess you better catch me then!" I grinned and followed in his footsteps. I ran as hard as I could and leaped off the edge of the Station underneath me. I loved the feeling of falling, it was so thrilling. The wind moved past my body at an alarming rate and I could see the ground coming up faster. Then I connected a web to a nearby building, saving myself from becoming a ground pancake. 

Miles was still further ahead than I was, but I couldn't gain as much momentum as him, seeing as I had to stay a little higher above the ground so pedestrians couldn't make me out in be detail. They probably just thought I was Spiderman trying out a new suit. But if they saw me on the ground, they would see the boobs, and they might get a little suspicious. 

I connected my webs onto two buildings and slingshotted myself, finally catching up to Miles. "Seems you're not as fast as you used to be." I smiled, making my suit eyes squint with happiness. 

MIles' eyes did the same. "I wanted you to at least have a chance."

"OOoooo, look who is gettin' all sassy! I let you do one mission with me and you think you're some tough guy??" I chuckled when I saw his eyes widen with slight alarm.

"Oh no of course not! I would ne--"

"I'm kidding." I laughed and then looked down at the blurred street below us. A car was driving wildly through the streets, and police cars were trying to catch up, but it was already too far ahead. I bumped Miles in the shoulder with my fist. "Found one. Looks like some sort of carjacking or a getaway car for a robbery."

"No I was just about to say that!" 

"Gotta be faster." I swung down towards the car but heard Miles shout from behind me.