𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺

Lilah's POV

I woke up, wondering my door was laying on the floor of the hallway. Then it all came rushing back to me. Peter had torn the door off yesterday.

I pushed myself out of the blankets and groggily grabbed my phone off of the bedside table. I had one text from Miles.

"Wanna go scout for the Green Goblin today?" I thought for a moment. I really had no desire to go to any of my classes today. 

"Sure. I'm excited to meet one of Santa's evil elves." Then I sent a second to him. 

"Let's meet on the roof of the Bagel shop on 23rd street. I'll get breakfast. 10 am" I wanted to apologize in some way, as saying sorry wasn't one of my best skills. 

I hurried to get dressed, pulling on a hoodie and cargo pants over my suit. I threw on some mascara and braided my hair to get it out of the way. Then I stuffed as many web bombs as I could into my backpack. Stepping over the fallen door, I started on my walk towards the store. 

It had been a while since I had done it. Especially with everything that's been happening with Peter. But it sort of felt like a huge weight had been taken off my chest.

I didn't need to hide my existence or identity from Spiderman anymore. I mean, I was a little bummed that I lost that sense of security, but I couldn't do anything now. I had to accept it, no matter what. 

I looked up at the sky, admiring the morning sky framed by the tall apartment buildings. Then I saw something zip above my head and looked up to see the famous 'Spiderman'. I laughed as I saw him zip towards my apartment. I guess that's what we looked like to normal people.

Then I received a text from Peter. "Hey, I know this might be weird, but I'm on your balcony. I wanted to come and fix your bedroom door that I broke :)" Then a second text popped up. 
"Oh my gosh, that sounds very wrong. I apologize."

I laughed as I thought of a response. "Haha, don't worry abt it at all. I can fix it pretty easily. Remember, I'm better at building stuff than you. I'm also not home rn, so I couldn't let you in even if I wanted to :)"

"Where are you off to?"

I didn't want to lie to him, but I didn't want to tell him the full truth because he would come with us, without a doubt. And that made me a little worried about what he would do if ended up seeing Green Goblin.

"I getting Miles some breakfast to apologize and then I have a lot of errands to run. So, I don't think I'll make it to class today."

"I can come with you if you wanted the company."

I smiled to myself as I started to walk across the street to the bagel shop. "I think it's better if I apologize to Miles alone." Then I sent one more in case the last sounded rude.

"And my dear  Spiderman, you have class in about 10 minutes. You should probably get there before you're late...again haha" 

I put my phone away as I entered the shop. Ordering five bagels, two for me and three for Miles, I exited and immediately headed for the back alleyway. I quietly climbed up the fire escape and didn't find Miles yet, so I set the bag of bagels down and stripped down to my Spider suit. 

I threw on my mask and then my hood. I would've much rather kept my mask off, but it would be a risk because this shop was so low on the ground. 

As I grabbed the bag of bagels from the ground, I heard Miles land on the roof behind me. I turned around and gave him a fist bump. "Here you go! Just got them fresh for you."