𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹

Peter's POV

My head was still spinning by the time we had jumped off the building. I couldn't believe that that had just happened. 

I had just kissed Lilah. 

I looked at her as we swung towards the sirens. She looked straight ahead, once again enjoying the feeling of falling. A smile grew across my face as what had just happened sunk in. 

I had actually kissed her.

We flung down towards the street, never straying too far from each other. While swinging, she pulled out her phone and held it up to her ear, then she yelled out to me, "There's an active burglary at the Rubin Art Museum. Police are saying it looks like a gang, maybe a mob."

I nodded as she talked into her phone, "Code L and Spiderman here. We are heading towards the scene. Don't get your officers involved."

I looked over to her as we swung faster towards W 16th street. "Just cause I'm curious, why do you work with the police?"

"There's no point for people with families to be risking their lives when someone with powers can do it easier. One gunshot to me could heal in about two days. It could be fatal for them."

It seemed like she had thought about this topic a lot. Either because of her brother or personal experience but I decided not to press more. I didn't want to bring up bad memories.

She jumped around a side of the building, shooting a web to it's edge and swinging herself around. I followed suit and found that we were on the street of the museum. 

I could see police cars lining the street but none of them got close to the museum. Guess that L had a lot of sway with them. I wish I had a relationship with them like that. They do not like me whatsoever. 

She swung to the top of the building and landed on top of the dome. I realized, this would be the first time I was going to be fighting with her. She trusted me now.

I mentally hit myself in the head. Of course she trusts me, she just kissed me. 

I landed next to her and looked towards her. "What's the plan, midnight spider.

She chuckled and looked back down through the glass. "It looks like there are about 5 on the top level, and the rest are on the lower level. All have different weapons. They are obviously collecting the art, possibly to sell. Maybe they are kingpin's men?"

I examined them. A lot of them had bald heads and those were the sort of weapons his gangster's usually had. "Definetly Kingpin's men. Weird, I haven't heard a lot from him in awhile." 

She continued to look down through the glass, the eyes of her mask squinted in concentration. "He's in Europe now, hiding out or doing business, I have no idea. But I guess he needed some new inventory for his warehouses. Especially with all the ones I have been raiding as of late."

I was a little taken aback by her statement. I hadn't been able to figure out where Kingpin had been, let alone his hideouts. I knew she was powerful, but I had underestimated what she had been doing the past year while hiding from me. 

She looked over to me, "Alright, I have a plan. You need to go down through the front doors and distract them. I'll quietly swing in through the window and take out the ones on the upper level and then make my way down to you."

I started walking towards the edge of the building to follow her orders. "Yes ma'am."

"Don't get yourself killed. I know you frustrate them with your sassy comments and they'd love to get their hands on you."