𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾

Lilah's POV

The police arrived about 10 minutes after I had finished with the boss. So I swung off. I didn't really like talking to the police because we had a, let's say strenuous relationship. 

I started swinging in the direction of my apartment. I could get homework done and maybe go to bed. Well, go to bed earlier than normal. 

I swung a little closer to the ground because it was so dark already. That was one of the benefits it starting to become winter. The wind whistled past my form as I swung through the darkness. I was about 4 blocks from home when I heard a scream pierce the darkness. 

I immediately stopped and looked around. I turned my night vision back on and closely examines the surrounding alleys. In the alley right under me was a woman, being cornered and held by three men. "Hell no."

I swung down into the alley and landed right behind the men. "That's enough fellas. That is not how you treat a lady." The men turned around and looked me up and down. 

One of them sneered at me, "Looks like we have another one for the taking boys." I grimaced at their disgusting faces. But I glanced between them and saw the fear on the young lady's face. 

I could feel my vision turning red. "Not likely. You are all about to have one of the worst nights of your life." I shot two webs on the surrounding walls and slingshotted myself at the man who had talked earlier. I kicked him right in the jaw, the power of the blow knocking him out.  

Then I turned around and soccer punched the next man right in the gut. I punched him in the chin, launching him up into the air, and then roundhouse kicked him. Once his body slammed to the ground, I turned on the last attacker. The fear was apparent in his eyes. 

I looked at him, narrowing my eyes. "How does it feel, huh? To know that someone powerful is going to use you however they want. To know that you are powerless against them." He stumbled backward, trying to get out of the alley. 

I shot a web to the back of his head and guided it to the back of my knee. Then I launched the same knee into his crotch. I stood there for a moment and tried to calm down my seething rage at these men. I wanted to kill them so badly, but I couldn't do that. I gathered the men into one corner and trapped them there with a mass of webs. 

Then I turned towards the woman in the corner. She had stood herself up and was now staring at me. She had a small look of fear in her eyes, but there was something else I couldn't decipher. I walked over to her, "Are you, okay miss?" Without a response, she ran and gave me the tightest hug I have ever received. 

"Thank you so much. I don't know what would've happened if you weren't there." She was shaking from fear and probably adrenaline from what she had just gone through. I hugged her back and we stood there for a while. I pulled away when I felt her stop shaking. 

"You have two choices now. Do you want to go forward to the police, or do you just want me to turn these guys in?"

She thought about it for a second. "Will they go to jail either way?"

"Yes, they will because I was a witness to it happening." 

 "Then you can just turn them in. I don't have enough money to go to court right now."

"Alright. Also, do you have a ride home? I can get you a cab if you'd like."

She smiled, "That would be great, thank you."

I then waved down a cab for her and helped her get in. I then leaned into the cab's window. "Get her home safely. And if she doesn't, I will find you." He nodded carefully and then drove away. I waved as the car pulled out of the street. 

I turned back to the unconscious men and then shot a text to the chief. "Couple of assaultants in the alley near Fulton street. Got them all tied up for you."

I swung up to the edge of the building that created the alley and just sat there for a bit. I was trying to calm down before I did something rash to the men down there. 

I felt a tingle hit my neck and I stood up. There was that feeling of being watched again. I surveyed the buildings in front of me. Was there someone up there? I felt the tingling increase and then a voice spoke. 

"Nice to finally meet you. Code L, was it?" Panic knotted in my stomach. That was Peter's voice. He had found me.