Ch. 5: A Snack for Her

(I mean literally. Don't let your minds go in the gutter. XD)

Later on at night, you're in your apartment. You're sitting in the living room watching TV. You're watching Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law on Adult Swim (Adult Swim was only three years old at the time.) and laughing as you watch it. It's an episode called Shaggy Busted and it's where Scooby Doo and the gang are accused of drug possession or something.

You're unaware of something outside your window. A certain pink character with long limbs. Turns out, Mommy Long Legs got out of the toy factory and she had followed you home. She's looking in right now as she clings there. She whispers, "Oh, you're so beautiful, (Y/N). Mommy just had to follow you, my dear.~"

You hear something and you raise a brow. You look around. You look towards the window. Nothing's there. You say, "Huh... I swear I'm hearing things." You turn the TV off and you get up. You walk to the window and you look out and around. Still nothing. You say "Hmm... Wind." You walk from the window and you head for your bedroom. 

Turns out Mommy Long Legs hid herself on the roof before you could spot her. She giggles and says, "It's me you're hearing, cutie." She crawls down and looks into your window. She says, "Awe. Now I don't see you."

She giggles a bit and says, "No matter... I'll see you tomorrow. I wouldn't want to miss out on seeing you, (Y/N). You've already got me wanting you, my sweet. Mommy Long Legs would love to have your company. Be seeing you, (Y/N)... Just two days and I already love you.~" She gets down and she sneaks her way back to the toy factory.

**********************************************

The next day, you're driving back to Playtime Co. You're going to see Mommy Long Legs again. Or in your case, Molly. Since that was originally her name. Molly Martin. You've got a few snacks with you. If she was alive before, then she still had to be able to eat food. Real food that is.

You got done with your typical landlady stuff. You told one of your neighbors that his rent is a month in a half late and that he needed to pay it or he'd have to go. He told you he gets paid tomorrow and he'll pay you then. 

You say, "Good. Make sure you do. I don't like to be hard on anyone, but I am your landlady. It's my job." He agreed to it because he also knows who your mother is and your mom will sue or fire anyone who does you wrong.

Your radio is on and playing The Red by Chevelle. You're humming to it as you drive down the road and to the toy factory to see Mommy Long Legs. You say, "I hope Molly will like what I got. I can't imagine the shit she has to consume in there just to stay alive. I feel kind of bad for her." 

You get to Playtime Co and you park right by the sidewalk. You get out, lock your car, go in the same way you do, walk towards the building and you get inside. You walk through and you walk around to look for Mommy Long Legs.

You've got the bag of snacks with you. You look around and you say, "Molly! I'm back!... Molly!!" You continue walking and you get in a hallway where the vents are. You sigh and you sit down. You sit up against the wall and you say, "Where are you, Molly?" 

You suddenly see a shadow and you gasp. You look and sure enough, there's Mommy Long Legs. She grins and says, "(Y/N)! You came back. Oh, I knew you would." She approaches you and you say, "Hi, Molly." She ducks down and she says, "What do you have in that bag, huh?" 

You reach in and you say, "I've got snacks." She gasps and says, "Snacks? It's been so long since I had anything good." You look at her as you pull out a box of Fudge Rounds. She gasps and says, "Are those?" You nod and you say, "Mhm. Fudge Rounds." 

You get one out of the box and you open it from its rapper. You hold the snack out to her and you say, "Here you go." She takes it and she takes a bite. She sighs and smiles saying, "Mm. So delicious. I've missed these so much." She eats the Fudge Round and says, "It's been so long." 

You say, "I've got more things in here." You pull out a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos and she gasps and says, "Doritos! Ooh, gimme." You open the bag and you hand it to her. She eats some chips out of the bag as if she hasn't eaten in years... and she hasn't. Nothing normal, at least. She says, "Just like heaven." She eats more. 

You pull out a couple of cans of Sprite Remix and you say, "I've got something for you to try." She looks and says, "Is that Sprite? Looks different." You say, "This is Sprite Remix. It's a new one. More of a tropical flavor. Try it." (They discontinued this stuff a year later.) 

You open one and you give her one. She opens it and she says, "Okay." She takes a little sip and she says, "Mm, that's really good." You say, "All yours, Molly." She drinks that as if she's been thirsty her whole life. You drink yours. You say, "Too bad I've only got a year left to buy alcohol. I'd give you some, seeing that you've been cooped up here for so long." 

She giggles and says, "Ooh. But you were thinking about it, weren't you?" You say, "Kind of. I'm twenty, so I can't right now." She says, "I was twenty when I died in that vat." You say, "Wow. Looks like we're both the same age right now." She says, "Yeah. I know. But... I won't change or age again after being turned into this." She looks around herself.

You say, "Molly. It's not that bad." She looks at you and says, "Y-you mean it?" You say, "Yeah. Listen... You've been through a lot. I can tell. I can't imagine the shit you were consuming while you were in here." She says, "Oh, you have no idea what Mommy had to eat. I had to feed on human flesh to survive. I may have been resurrected as this monster... but I still need to eat." 

You say, "Molly. You're not a monster." She looks at you. You say, "If you'd like, I can hang out with you for a little bit until I head home." She smiles and she crawls closer to you. She wraps her arms around you and says, "I'm so glad I met you, (Y/N). It's not often someone compliments me like this. Especially a girl like you." You smile.

Then you say this, "Molly." She says, "Yes?" You say, "Hey. Listen... If you want, I can get you away from here." She gasps and looks at you. You look at her and you say, "I'll get you out of here. You can come live with me. But I'll have to keep you hidden from others, so they don't take you and do something with you. Like you know... Use you as a test subject or operate on you. The world's not fair." 

She grins and hugs you saying, "Oh, (Y/N). I want nothing more than to just be around you. I've made the best friend I could ever have." You smile and you say, "Not a problem, Molly. It could probably help you from going... well... insane." She says, "Please do? It gets lonely here. And that Huggy Wuggy is just awful. He's worse than me." 

You say, "Yeah. I'm aware. He chased me through the vents the other day." She says, "I know he'll separate us at some point if I don't get out soon and we're spotted." You say, "It's gonna be alright, Molly. Just come live with me and you'll be alright."

You hang out with Mommy Long Legs for a little bit until you head out. Your plan is for her to sneak out at night as to not be seen and since she already knows where you live. She told you she followed you home last night. But it didn't matter now. You're going to let her live with you.