Chapter 60: Baby Appointment

Today was Al's first baby check up. It wasn't hard to lie to the guys and convince them into watching Kenz considering we are both sick. We just told them we had checkups and they believed us. We got to the office and went straight back right away we were now just waiting for the tech to come in and do the ultrasound. 

"Lou I'm scared." Ally said gripping my hand. "just remember Al that whatever happens I will be right by your side. Forever." I reassured her. The doctor then came through the door. 

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Tomlinson I am Doctor Hill and I will be the one doing your ultrasound today." She said sitting on the stool by the bed. "Okay Allison how have you been. Any pain? Sickness?" She said getting her clipboard. "morning sickness." She said still paranoid. "Thats totally normal. Don't worry that should be ending soon." Dr. Hill said. "Lets get this ultrasound started." She added after setting her clipboard down and getting back up. Al lifted her shirt revealing her little belly bump. It wasn't that big considering that she was only about 115 pounds before she was pregnant.

Dr. Hill spread some gel on her stomach and then slid a little device over it. Then we saw it. A little child was definitely growing in her. "Well you are definitely pregnant. It's to early to tell the gender right now though so that will have to wait till your next appointment." She said. We both smiled looking at the screen. The baby was so small but you could tell she had Ally's nose. 

I thought everything was going okay until Dr. Hill had a questioning look while looking at the screen. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I am not getting a very steady heart beat. Allison you have Cystic Fibrosis am I right?" She asked. Allison nodded. Dr. Hill gave a sad look and sighed. My heart sank. 

"Don't lose hope now because I could be wrong but I don't know if the baby will make it. It isn't getting much oxygen and is having a hard time breathing and getting a steady heat beat. We will know more about this when you get another ultrasound later on though so like I said before please just keep an optimistic attitude." She said. "Y..your saying...our baby might not make it?" She asked. 

"I'm sorry but I don't think so. It can also put your health at risk making it even harder to breath. But like I said lets keep a positive attitude about this until your next ultrasound. Other than the heart rate the baby is perfect." She said. "Okay thank you." I said. She gave me a sympathetic smile then left. 

"Al...." "Lets just go. I don't want to talk about it right now." She said putting her shirt down and getting off the table. She grabbed her oxygen tank with one hand then wrapped her other arm around my arm leaning her head on my shoulder. We went to the car and I drove us back to the hotel. 

***

I managed to cheer Ally up just a little bit by belting out Shakera on the way here. I think my hips may lie a little. Lets just say that she is not as sad as she was when we left which is good because we have to go pick up Kenz from Liams room and I'm sure he will notice something was wrong if he saw her crying. 

When we got to Liams room I knocked and he answered the door. "Hey guys come in. Kenz in playing with the wii they had in this room." He said. we followed him in side to see kenz standing on the bed doing "water aerobics" We all laughed as we watched her swing her arms around and spin in circles. After the Tv said her score she plopped down on the bed and panted.