Chapter 20: Pain demands to be felt

(Liams POV)

I knew it! I knew Louis wasn’t okay but he was mad at me. I should of gone with my gut and told Paul instead of worrying about him being my friend. I was able to quickly grab him before he hit the floor. “SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!!!” I yelled to whoever was listening. I saw harry grabbing his phone and quickly dialing 911. “Louis stay with me!” I said holding his head up. “Liam…. it hurts…. make it stop” he cried firmly gripping his head. It was a couple of minuets but some paramedics finally made it out and over to Louis. He was trying so hard to keep his eyes open but you could tell he was in some serious pain. I have never seen anybody look so hurt. He looked like he was experiencing his own limb being cut off. The paramedics strapped Lou on the bed and quickly started rolling him out to the ambulance. We all got in our van and Paul quickly drove us to the hospital. We got in and the receptionist told us to wait like always. 

***

“Tomlinson party?” A nurse said after 3 hours as though we were at a resturant waiting to be seated. We all stood up and she motioned us to go to the back. We all followed her to a random room with a table and chairs. Everybody got into a chair and then the doctor walked in. “Good evening, My name is Doctor Walker and I was the one that operated on Louis.” He said shaking our hands. “Operated? What happened?” Paul asked. “Louis’s lungs were filling with water. It was blocking the oxygen to his brain causing him to get the big headache. We had to surgically place a tube in his lungs coming out of his chest to drain them. He will be sleeping for the whole night and maybe part of the day considering the pain his body went through.

“Is he okay. I don’t mean to rush anything but how long will he be in here. Just so we can know.” Paul asked. “Half a week. maybe more. There was a lot of water in there I’m not positive how long it will take to completely get it all out and recover.” He said. “Okay guys I need to make some calls to set some dates back.” Paul said. That was his way of cooping. Always staying busy and working. “Can we see him?” I asked. “How about we wait the night. He really needs rest. I will allow visitors first thing tomorrow.” He said. We all nodded and Doctor Walker walked out after saying his goodbyes. 

Paul told us we had to go rest at the hotel so we got back in the van and went to another random hotel. I felt a buzz in my pocket and saw that I was getting a call. 

L: Hello?

M: Uncle Liam where is daddy he didn’t call when he said he would. 

I knew she had to know about this. It was important.

L: Kenz you have to be a big girl for me right now. Your daddy is at the hospital because he was sick. He is okay right now. 

I could hear her starting to snuffle. 

M: What happened? 

L: He had water in his lungs. it was hard for him to breath. 

M: But you said he would be okay?

L: Yes I will have him call you when he wakes up okay? 

M: Promise? 

L: Promise. 

M: I love you uncle Liam. 

L: I love you too Kenz. Can you please give the phone to grandma. 

M: Okay

J: Liam whats wrong? Mackenzie just ran off cryung.

L: It's Louis. Don't worry he is okay now but his lungs had filled up with water. They put in a tube to drain him. 

J: Oh God, I wish I could be there. Is he awake can I talk to him?

L: He will wake up tomorrow probably. I'll call you.

J: Okay. I'm going to go make sure Mackenzie is alright. Bye Liam

L: Bye

She was sniffling during the whole conversation.  “How did she react?” Zayn asked. “Mackenzie was able to contain herself so I could explain what happened. She is the strongest little girl I know.” I said. we got back to the hotel and went up to our room. we all autamatically fell asleep to get rest for tomorrow. 

***

“Guys get up Louis is waking up.” I heard Paul banging on the door. I looked at the clock and saw it was 11:30. “ Paul why didn’t you wake us earlier!?! It’s almost noon!” I yelled through the door. “I told you last night you needed sleep!” He said walking through the door. We all quickly got dressed and went back to the van. My phone was buzzing again and I saw it was from the same number. I answered it. 

“Mackenzie I promised you you would talk to your daddy when he….” I cut off by hysterical sobs. “Liam…… Mackenzie….. Her school….. I’m soooo sorry!!!” She cried in between sobs. “Johanna please calm down I can’t understand you” I said. “There was a shooting at Mackenzie’s school….. There have been 10 dead bodies…… I knew I shouldn’t of sent her today… we all woke up late and I still sent her!!!” She cried into the phone. She was crying so much she couldn’t catch her breath. We pulled up to the hospital and I had no clue how I was going to tell Louis. “Johanna please calm down. Please call and try to get some information on Mackenzie. I need to go with Louis before he finds out.” I said. She snuffled "Okay.....I.. I'm going to call now." She said trying to catch her breath. "Call me back when you get news I have to go." I said. I hung up and saw that all the boys were giving me weird looks. I ignored them and ran out to the receptionist desk.

“I Need Louis tomlinson’s Room Now!!!” I said. The guy went clicking on his computer. “Are you related?” He asked. “I’M HIS BROTHER NOW HURRY UP I NEED TO GO!” I said loosing my patience. “Okay sur please calm down. He is in room 365” he said. I ran up to the stairs wanting to get there faster. I ran past every door on the 3rd floor and finally came to his room. I opened it to see that I was too late. Louis was thrashing on the bed trying to get his tubes out. I looked to my right to see he had his tv on the news.

 *Willow Elementary school in Doncaster, England… School shooting… Being compared to Sandy Hook…. total fatality has risen to 30.* 

“LOUIS TOMLINSON STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!” I yelled trying to hold his arms back. I managed to press the nurse call button before restraining him.“LIAM YOU PROMISED ME!!! YOU PROMISED ME SHE WOULD BE FINE!!! YOU PROMISED ME KEEPING HER IN DONCASTER WAS BEST FOR HER!!! SHE IS DEAD ALL BECAUSE I DECIDED TO KEEP HER HALF WAY ACROSS THE WORLD !!!  GET ME OUT OF HERE!!! JUST LET ME DIE!!! I’M DONE I DON’T WANT THIS ANYMORE! LET ME DIE!!! PLEASE!!!!! I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT HER! THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!!!” He yelled thrashing under my grip. Luckily nurses came rushing in and gave him some shot. He suddenly slowed down and started drooping his eyes and fell asleep.  The nurses checked his tube and luckily he didn’t do any major damage except for tearing all the bandages off. I looked up to see all the guys standing there staring at the TV and Louis with tears in their eyes. What has our life come to. 

 I couldn't leave Y'all on a cliffhanger! Thank You for reading please like and comment! :)