Chapter 52: Secrets

(Louis POV)

Day 5. Five awful days and counting. I haven't been awake for most of it but when I am It's only to puke. Everybody has been so great through this all though. Everytime I quickly sit up puke Someone is always there with a bucket.

Right now is one of those times. I sat up and Zayn came running over to me before quickly putting the bucket in front of me. I leaned over it but nothing came out. I was dry heaving and it hurt so much. Zayn sat next to me rubbed my back seeing the pain in my eye. "It's okay Lou." He said. I put the bucket down and looked around taking in the surroundings. I hadn't been up in a while to see what was going on. It looked like all the guys, Ally and Kenz were watching a movie in the sitting area. I wrapped a blanket around me and slid my legs over the side of the bed. 

"Are you sure Lou?" Zayn asked. I nodded. I grabbed my IV pole for support and made my way over to the empty spot by Ally and Kenz. When I sat down imbetween them Liam moved the pole behind the couch so it wouldn't get in the way. "It's good to see you up Lou. Are you feeling okay? Are you tired." Al asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "No I'm fine....I wanted to spend some time with you." I said hoping she couldn't hear the tiredness in my voice. She would just make me go back to bed. 

 Kenz leaned up against me. She looked tired too. I looked at the clock to see it was 11 O'clock at night. "Kenz. What are you doing up this late." I asked her. 

"I wanted to see you before I went to sleep." She said. I just wrapped my arms around her  taking her into my chest. The guys told me yesterday that Kenz was scared. She was scared that she would be taken by her dad again but this time without me, and she was scared I would die while asleep and she wouldn't get the chance to say goodbye. I really don't blame her. Death has been in the back of my mind this whole time. I don't want to die. I may pretend I'm okay with it all but the truth is I'm scared to death. I want to be able to do everything on my bucket list but right now nothing is crossed off.....and I'm afraid nothing will get crossed off. 

Harry stuck in a movie and I saw Mockingjay start to play. I honestly wasn't in the mood to stay up for another 3 hours so I leaned my head on Al and fell asleep with Mackenzie sleeping on my lap. 

***

When I woke up the next morning I was back in bed. I guess someone moved me last night. I looked around to see nobody but Ally sitting next to my bed. "Hey beautiful" My raspy voice said. "Well hello there my little lying sleeping beauty." She said smirking. I smiled. "You would have made me go back to bed and you know it" I said chuckling. "You are right." She said. 

"So where are the other guys and Kenz?" I asked. "They went to take her for the surprise. They were going to start her in ballet like you wanted." She said. I smiled. "She is going to have so much fun. It was on her bucket list." I said.

"They sent me a picture." She showed me her phone and I saw Kenz with a group of other girls. She looked so cute there with her tutu. "I'm glad they finally got her out of here and she is happy." I said. "Well it took some convincing but she finally agreed." She said. 

I sat up in bed and Ally brought the bucket to me. "I'm fine. Really this time. I think I'm having a good day." I said. She smiled. "Good than I don't have to cancel my planes." She said smirking. She got up from her chair and rolled a wheelchair over to the bed. "Get in and don't ask questions." She said. "But..." "I said don't ask questions!" She said getting my oxygen from the corner of the room and giving me my original cannula. After she placed the tank in the back of the chair and hung my medicine on the chairs pole she grabbed a big bag and started pushing me out the door.

"Wait!" I said grabbing the door frame. "Oh yeah." Ally grabbed a mask and handed it to me. There was no way I was going to catch something and stay in here another two weeks. I put it on and then she started pushing me out again. 

When she finally stopped we were outside under the tree on the hill in the hospitals garden. She laid down a blanket and I slid onto it sitting next to her. She started pulling out little containers of fruit and then bags of sandwiches. She then pulled out some juice boxes and I laughed. "That was Kenz's pick. She helped get everything ready." Ally said chuckling. She opened the box of strawberries and I grabbed one. I pulled down my mask and took a bite of it. I hadn't eaten real food since I came here. The sweetness on my tongue tasted so good but I know it wouldn't be in my body for long. 

The warmth felt so good on my cold skin. I looked down the hill to see a bunch of sick children playing on the playground. "It's sad." I mumbled. "What?" Ally asked grabbing her sandwhich. "Those kids shouldn't be here. I hate this." I said. "You shouldn't be here either Lou. Nobody should. I wish that Everybody here was not sick but apparently the World is not a wish granting factory." She said sadly. "I wish it was." 

We sat there talking for a while about everything. After a while I felt someone tap my shoulder. I snapped my head around Dr. Sefron was standing there behind me with his arms crossed. I pointed my fingers at Ally. "Lou you have been puking the last 5 days. How do you think this is okay." He said. "I feel fine. I've been out here for 20 minuets." I said. "Well if you want to leave for a couple of hours next week you need to stay healthy." I gave him a questioning look. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Arn't you lea..." He was cut off by Ally doing some hand signals. I turned around to see her giving the stop talking sign. "What?" I asked. "Nothing..." She said. I sighed. 

"Okay I Will let you stay out here for a little bit longer but I want you back in your room by noon so we can give you your nutrients for the day." He said. I nodded and he left. 

"What's happening next week?" I asked Al. "I guess you will have to find out next week." she said smirking. "Oh come on! Please!!!" I said giving Kenzie's signature puppy dog face. "Nope. Now lets get you back to your room." She said gathering the stuff. "You can't just change the subject on me!" I said sliding back into the chair. "But I did. Now stop arguing I promised the guys I wouldn't tell you!" She said. "Fine. But if you wont tell me I know someone who will." I said smirking. "You better not interrogate the six year old. It wont work anyway we bribed her." Ally laughed. "You guys are cruel." 

Thanks for reading.

*picture*