Chapter 50: Leaving

(Louis POV)

They finally found a trial! I can't believe I am not going to be in any pain anymore. Right now I am in that state where I am conscious of everything going on but I have absolutely no energy to move or open my eyes. I know I have the tube in my mouth helping me breath and my lungs feel so much better. It helps that I'm not breathing on my own. I was kind of like a vegetable right now. 

"Louis we are going to take the tube out now. I want you to take nice even breaths. We are going to put your cannula on first." I heard an unfamiliar voice say. great.

 I felt the tube gently slide out of my mouth leaving me gasping trying to catch my breath. I think I was just freaking myself out because when I felt the cannula being set under my nose and behind my ears I was back to my normal breathing. 

"Guess we are tubie buddies now." I heard Ally say before she placed a kiss on my forehead. She was sitting next to me. I could tell because she was rubbing my wrist. I know they look bad. I can feel her soft fingers brush across my cuts and bruises. I weakly grabbed her hand when I felt it near me. I gripped it so tight missing the feeling of her skin. 

"Louis I love you so much." She said. I just squeezed her hand has hard as I could, unable to produce any words at the moment. 

"Daddy I love you too. Can you please wake up daddy." I heard Kenz say. How could I just lay here when she is begging me to wake up. I slowly opened my eyes and was met with Ally and Kenz's face to my right and the guys coming to my bed when they saw me open my eyes. "Welcome back Lou." Liam said smiling. 

"Thanks" My tired weak voice said. "Lou we are going to be going back home pretty soon. They need to start your trial right away back in London." Harry said. I just nodded. I was really sick of all this poison being pumped into me but I was even more sick of being sick. 

I sat up using all the energy in me. I just sat there staring at everybody. "I'll get the nurse." Liam said before leaving. 

Not soon after he left Liam came back in with some random guy. "I'm going to take your IV out Louis. You are to go straight to the hospital when you arrive in London to get another one and to start that Trial." he said. I nodded setting my arm on the rail of the bed so he could get the needle out. After he slid it out Liam set down a pair of warm ups and a hoodie along with my socks, shoes and a beanie on the bed.

I slid my legs to where they were dangling off the bed and put on the pants. They were big on me, even though they were mine, so I took the ties on the inside and tied them up tight.

  I took of the gown and had the same self conscious feeling I had months ago when I looked into the mirror in front of me. My ribs poked out so much compared to the rest of my stomach. The tube looked so out of place sticking out of the hole near my belly button. I guess they just used it again considering it was freashly taped.

 "Louis?" Ally asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and realized I had been staring at myself in the mirror. "I'm sorry." I took off my cannula, slid my shirt on then put the tubes back in my nose. I handed Liam back the beanie. This was going to be my first time out without it but the lack of chemo has made my hair grow back enough to where I don't look bald anymore. It's almost long enough to get a haircut. Liam slid a wheelchair ,I didn't know was even in the room, to the side of my bed. I slid into it and he put the tank in the spot in the back.  

Since I wasn't all that big right now I slid over and Let Kenz come sit next to me. When Niall set her down I wrapped my boney arm around her pulling her into my side. "Thank you for being strong Kenz. You made me happy when I wan't feeling good." I said with my shaky voice. "Your welcome daddy." She said smiling. I kissed the top of her head and we went out of my room.