Chapter 32: Out of body experience

(Liams POV)

Right when we got off stage Mackenzie ran up to us. "You all did amazing!!!! It was the best show yet!!!!" She said jumping up to my hip. "Kenz you say that every show." I chuckled. We went back to our dressing room to gather all of our stuff. "Hey did you see Louis? He was actually able to come to the show!" Niall said walking in the room. "No I didn't think he was going to be able come with how bad he looked yesterday." Harry said. "I mean he was in a wheelchair but he was dancing with Kenz. Nice moves little one." Niall chuckled. "Thanks I learn from the best." She said pointing to Harry. 

We walked out and went to the back. Paul wasn't back yet I guess because our van wasn't there. I saw Nick pass by so I stopped him.

"Hey Nick have you seen Paul? Wasn't he taking us back to the hotel?" I asked. "Um i'm not sure. The last time I saw him he was bringing Louis in here. I'll get somebody to take you guys back." He said leaving. 

We were all standing there when a guard I have always seen around come to us. "Ready?" He asked. We nodded following him. 

I set Kenz on my lap when we got in the van since her booster was in the other van.  I put the seatbelt over us and closed the door. The van started leaving towards the hotel when we heard a bunch of ambulances pass in front of us. "I hope a fan didn't get in an accident trying to leave the concert" Harry said. "Yeah the traffic after the show is horrific." I added. After the ambulances passed going to the right we turned to the left towards our hotel. 

When we got to the door all the fans were quiet. It was kind of weird. I didn't really think anything of it because I was so tired. I went with Mackenzie to our room and got a bath ready for her. When it was full of water and bubbles I undressed her and set her in it. She was so tired she was falling asleep. I had to hold her head up to insure she didn't fall face flat into the water. When I got her out I put an old T-shirt of Louis's that she liked to sleep in. I brought her over to the bed and right when her head hit the pillow she fell asleep. 

I got in and out of the shower myself and went beside Kenzie. After a little while of me sitting there on my phone I heard loud bangs coming from the door. Mackenzie heard it too because it caused her to jump and fall off the bed. 

"Kenz are you alright?" I asked turning on the light and picking her up. She was starting to cry. Who the heck needs to knock this loudly at midnight. I went over to the door and opened it to see Niall. He was panicked. "Niall was it really necessary to knock that....."

 "Liam...News...car.....hospital!!!" Niall yelled thinking I could understand him. "Ni calm down I don't know what you are talking about. Please slow down." I said. "We were watching the news.... We need to go to the hospital now.... Those ambulances weren't for a fan!" He  looked over at Kenz who had fallen asleep on my shoulder again. "They were for Louis and Paul. A drunk driver hit them on their way back to the hospital." He said tears running down his face. My heart completely fell. 

(Louis POV) 

Is this what being dead is like. When I woke up I was at the back entrance of the arena again except this time I wasn't in a wheelchair. I didn't have chemo running through my veins and I didn't even have a port. Another thing is that I had a full head of hair and was back to my normal weight.  I walked in to see that the guys were only a couple of songs from when we left and almost down with the concert. I went to the side were Mackenzie was and saw her still there dancing with Lux. I couldn't stop laughing. And that when I realized I made sound. My laughs actually sounded like a genuine laugh. I mean it's not like anybody cold hear it but I couldn't be happier hearing my own voice. I went over to Mackenzie obviously she couldn't see me or hear me but I was taking her in.