"he good?" i ask.

"nah. one of our men died tonight." tobiah says.

"he gonna be ok?" i ask.

"i don't know. this has never happened under our command." he sighs.

"ok. we'll be in in a second." i reply.

"ight." tobiah totally ignores mikey's presence and walks into the house.

"i'll see you later. i have to see what's up with him." i say turning to mikey.

"ok. i'll see you later." he says. he kisses my forehead. "i love you." he smiles.

"i love you too." i smile back. he pecks my lips and releases me from his grasp. he walks toward his car. i watch as he climbs in the drivers seat. he pulls off a couple seconds later while waving at me. i walk back in the house as maliki and aliana say their goodbyes.

i go into the living room and sit on the couch. tobiah looks up at me from the floor.

"was that mikey?" he asks.

"yes, it was." i reply.

"my cousin?" he asks scrunching his face up.

"yes." i say shyly.

"god that's so weird to think about. my sister and my cousin are dating." he says.

"ugh, tobi don't say that." i say. chills run down my spine at his words.

"so if you marry him, he becomes my brother in law and my cousin." tobiah says drawing with his finger in the air.

"kiara don't marry that nigga." isaiah jumps in. "what are y'all kids gonna call tobiah?"

"uncle." tobiah says.

"no they're—never mind they are. forget i asked." isaiah laughs.

i roll my eyes with a smile.

"what happened with bryan?" i ask.

"we had to raid a warehouse." tobiah replies.

"oh god, tobiah. what happened?" i groan.

"he was on the other side of the warehouse from me running with his team. they were about to turn a corner. he didn't know the people we were looking for were turning the same corner. luigi turned the corner first unaware of bryan's instructions. one of the guys on the rival gang shot him in the chest. killed him. bryan and the rest of his team got them all, but bryan didn't seem to get over losing luigi." tobiah explains.

i sigh. "is he gonna be ok?"

"yea, eventually. he never takes things like this lightly. losing someone isn't new to him, but it hurts him more and more every time he looses someone."

"you think i can try to talk to him?" i ask.

"you can try but i can't promise it'll go anywhere." tobiah says. he stands from the floor he walks toward uriah's room. "i'm tired. i'm going to bed. goodnight." he says.