24

Part 24

"Yes Sir, your business has been improving tenfold since you employed our services. I can tell you in fact that there has been a 45% improvement in turnover and a near to non customer drop off, so I am sorry but we will not be issuing a refund to your monthly payments to us. If you would like a more formal meeting whereby we can discuss your contract then please email me your availability. Thank you, good bye"

Urgh I hate business men! I slammed my phone down and brushed my hands over my face trying to bring myself down from the very fraught phone call.

"Hey, Brooke, you okay?" I saw Tim peak round from around my office door. It hasn't been awkward with him since he almost sacked me for getting drunk at work and having to go home. Not that he knows that.

"Yes I'm fine, just Mr Foundry being a dick" I laughed

"Ah yes, he has a nack at that" he said winking at me whilst also fixated on his phone. "Oh whilst I'm here, how's Brooke doing?" I immediately went red, my head zoned out, picturing her between my legs, her dark hair tracing over my hardened nipples.

"Ermm yeah she's doing alright I guess. She's not too bad to live with and Bob seems to really like her"

"You'll have to keep an eye on Bob or his wife will have my life if he thinks Brooke's a threat" Tim said mockingly

"Oh but the fact that Bob is sorta older and married with kids and Brooke is definitely not into Bob wouldn't soothe her worries?" I joked.

"You never know, she might like an older guy" Tim spun on his heels, delighted with himself.

"Oh but she really doesn't..." I muttered so that only I could here in this room made of glass.

*Ding

Luke:
Hey stranger, you fancy food tonight? My treat?

Food?! I don't think Luke and I have ever been the 'food' type, unless it's chocolate body paint, I secretly thought.

But why not, I could do with seeing a friend that I didn't want to rip their clothes off at every instant.

Katie:
Sure, Zizzis? 8pm?

At 5pm, i pondered downstairs, catching up with Brooke, on the way to the car.

"I'm going out tonight, you're cool to sort yourself for tea right?" I asked, although it felt odd as we were both adults.

"Sure! I might catch up with some friends anyway" she smiled the most genuine smile.

Friends? As in the one she slept with a couple of nights before she slept with me? Should I ask her? Could I ask her? Technically it's no different from me meeting Luke....

We drove home in silence, both tired from our long day, cautiously out of the corner of my eye I could see Brooke texting. I wondered silently who she was messaging. But it's really not my problem or business.

As soon as I got home, I headed towards my bedroom on a mission to look beautiful for my tea! Not for Luke but I wanted Brooke to be thinking of me when she saw her 'friends'. I showered, curled my hair so they fell in bouncy curls just above my collar bones, and I slipped on my super tight black skinny jeans, with a white vest and burgundy and black checkered shirt over but left open...I paired it with some chunky jewellery, lots of rings and chunky hoop ear rings. With a pair of heels I was ready...I grabbed my phone, spritzed some perfume and headed out of my room.

In the living room, Brooke was sat on her phone, wearing her shorts and a vest top.

"You look" she paused and looked me up and down "good"

"Just good?"

"Fuck, you better go, or you won't be going at all" how does she make such a simple sentence make me feel something right in my groin.

Without another word I winked at her and walked out towards my car.