Chapter - 77 | Hates Him, Also Faiths Him

Start from the beginning

He was pleading with her to give him a chance to EXPLAIN himself, but did he ever give her that chance when he used to hurl accusations on her ?

The answer was NO, and she, too, was not going to give him the opportunity to explain himself, nor was she interested in hearing his pointless justifications.

And what "explanation" would he give her when he himself didn't know what prompted his angry outburst on her and stooped so low that he lost his mind and committed such an uncivilized deed ?

"Behetar hoga aap pehle khud apne aap ko explain keejiye..."

"Fir kisi aur ko explain karne ke baare mein sochiyega Shaurya Sir...", she said vociferously, her eyes fixed on his orbs.

Shaurya got silenced as he listened to her words, and the sliver of courage he had gathered since the previous night had vanished.

Anokhi didn't stay for a second longer, and walked away from there with her head held high, leaving behind a penitent Shaurya.

His ears rang with her words, and he stood dazed.

"Behetar hoga aap pehle khud apne aap ko explain keejiye... Fir kisi aur ko explain karne ke baare mein sochiyega Shaurya Sir..."

Her words had the power to make him think deeply.

He began to question himself why he had blasted on her in that manner.

An epiphany occurred to him that it was ACP Ahir's presence near her that had caused him to lose his mind that day, resulting in his outrageous nasty act.

But he didn't have an answer as to how he should EXPLAIN to himself why he did so and why Ahir's proximity to her made him feel "alienated".

He couldn't explain to himself as to why Ahir and Anokhi's togetherness bothered him, that he stooped so low, and behaved in a manner he never had till date.

He couldn't understand why it mattered to him if Anokhi and Ahir shared a cordial relationship, and now he realized that she was right.

He owed no explanation to himself in the first place, so what was he going to explain to her ?

On the one hand, his mind was heating up because he couldn't come up with any suitable answers to explain his actions to himself, and on the other hand, he couldn't talk to her, causing his heart to sink. He shrugged it off, not wanting to think about what had happened that day or why it had happened.

He turned around only to leave dejected. He was again back to square one of being the hopeless, and left for his cabin with a diminishing hope that things could be made right.